Where To Make A Bulk Of Passport Photos In Chiang Mai?

WhiteCadillac

on chanklan rd coming in from tha phae rd siam bank is on the right followed by a tailor shop or two.then here is a photographer,he will make 12 pics for 180bt and they are nice.not the same day though.also in kad sun keaw 3rd or 4th floor a lot of machines,cheaper and quicker but since you always stick them on applications i find it worth while they kook better,

if you do photoshop .

take your own digital photo and then layit out on photoshop .

if not yo can go to any Photo SHOP in chiangmai there will do it .. not sure baout the price cos i had not done it for a long time

but almost any photo shop can do it .

but depend on wher eyou going . the passport photo size needed might be different .

There is a print shop in Airport Plaza (2nd floor?) that does the usual business cards and various print jobs. I always have mine done in there, ready in 5 minutes, always of a high quality. They also have a list of countries with their respective passport and visa photo requirements.

• 1 month later...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun WhiteCadillac,

3rd. floor Airport Plaza, Photo Express shop. 10 photographs on white background exactly 2 inches by 2 inches in size as required to apply for new American passport: plus their original scan burned onto a CD/RW for you: sixty baht. Waiting time: about forty minutes depending on how busy they are.

Warning: if you make your own at home, with your digital camera, and print them on your little ink-jet, they may or may not get accepted in places like the Thai Drivers' License bureau, and the American Consulate.

best, ~o:37;

......they may or may not get accepted in places like the Thai Drivers' License bureau.......

.....who won't accept any photo whatsoever now that they do their own and print it onto the card.

Follow the advice of Ta22 - that's what I do and get about 20 on a sheet of A4 printed for about 30Baht. They even adjust to the correct size, print and then cut them up for you.

......they may or may not get accepted in places like the Thai Drivers' License bureau.......

.....who won't accept any photo whatsoever now that they do their own and print it onto the card.

Follow the advice of Ta22 - that's what I do and get about 20 on a sheet of A4 printed for about 30Baht. They even adjust to the correct size, print and then cut them up for you.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Naboo,

Maybe four years ago, when we first bought a car (because of upcoming treatment for tongue cancer we knew was going to make us very sick and weak, and require many long trips cross town), we used our own high-end (for the time) digital camera, took our own picture, adjusted it in PhotoShop (we used to work for Adobe, and know what we are doing with PhotoShop): went to the Thai Drivers' License Bureau, and was told the photos were not acceptable, that we had to get one taken there: we were sent outside: where for sixty baht some amateur photographer in a shack made a perfectly horrible digital photo, and ink-jet print, which was then accepted.

Glad to hear the procedure has changed (at least we assume you mean the pictures are now being done in the main building itself by the Thai agency) !

The documentation for application for a new American passport has very specific strongly worded warnings about the photos provided being in an exact format, and warnings about digital format photos.

We think having pros, like Photo Express, who can do ten pictures for 60 baht, and who know what they are doing for specific documentation needs makes much more sense than Ta22's so-called "advice" which is just a non-specific urging to do it yourself (in fact we have yet to experience Ta22 as making any specific comment on any topic :).

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Naboo,

Maybe four years ago, when we first bought a car (because of upcoming treatment for tongue cancer we knew was going to make us very sick and weak, and require many long trips cross town), we used our own high-end (for the time) digital camera, took our own picture, adjusted it in PhotoShop (we used to work for Adobe, and know what we are doing with PhotoShop): went to the Thai Drivers' License Bureau, and was told the photos were not acceptable, that we had to get one taken there: we were sent outside: where for sixty baht some amateur photographer in a shack made a perfectly horrible digital photo, and ink-jet print, which was then accepted.

Glad to hear the procedure has changed (at least we assume you mean the pictures are now being done in the main building itself by the Thai agency) !

The documentation for application for a new American passport has very specific strongly worded warnings about the photos provided being in an exact format, and warnings about digital format photos.

We think having pros, like Photo Express, who can do ten pictures for 60 baht, and who know what they are doing for specific documentation needs makes much more sense than Ta22's so-called "advice" which is just a non-specific urging to do it yourself (in fact we have yet to experience Ta22 as making any specific comment on any topic :).

Please respect Ta22's opinion. He seems to be the expert on everything.

Since the OP is looking for bulk passport photos, I doubt he needs "official" ones that are accepted by the US and Canadian embassies. (If he does, then this thread should be closed.) I've used various shops in KSK that offer 9-12 photos for 100 baht that are always accepted for visa purposes in Asian countries and at every Thai govt office that I've been to.