New York City Mayor Bloomberg rules out 2012 presidential bid

News_Editor

New York City Mayor Bloomberg rules out 2012 presidential bid

2010-12-13 03:13:01 GMT+7 (ICT)

NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) -- New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Sunday struck down rumors that he was exploring a possible run for the presidency in 2012.

Bloomberg, 68, appeared on 'Meet the Press' with NBC's David Gregory who asked him if he thought an independent could be president. "I don't know," Bloomberg answered, adding: "I'm not gonna run for president. I got a great job."

Rumors have been swirling around for years and even media outlets have hinted that Bloomberg could have a realistic chance of winning a potential race to the White House.

"I'm not looking at the possibility of running. I've got a great job and I'm going to stay with it," Bloomberg added, while emphasizing that he would continue to speak out on national issues that affect New York City. "The bottom line is: I've got a great job, I want to go out having a reputation as a very good, maybe the greatest ever, mayor."

Bloomberg has been the mayor of New York City since January 1, 2002 and took over from Rudy Giuliani while the city was still recovering from the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks that brought down the World Trade Center towers. The city was also still in the aftermath of American Airlines Flight 587, which crashed in Queens on November 12, 2001.

Bloomberg has since been re-elected three times, most recently in November 2008, and is considered to be the 10th richest person in the United States. He has a net worth of approximately $18 billion, according to Forbes magazine.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-12-13

Saw this gentleman once at the 4th of July celebration at the Coney Island. An easy going and a humble man, :wai: not an once of elegance inspite of being the Mayor of NY and many times billionair.

That was quite oposite from Donald Trump, saw Trump at the book signing, this man was a jerk :annoyed: from the way he demanded some service from his entourages.:realangry: I felt bad for those who worked for him.