Nong Khai-Padang Besar High-Speed Train Construction To Be Done In 4 Years: Suthep

webfact

Have you notice; the chinese NGV buses in Bangkok, hardly 2 years, and they all are falling apart. Worst, the BRT buses, hardly 4 months, half are broken already.

You are right and besides did anyone noticed?

These Chinese made buses are incredibly loud. 21st century technology huh?

Even the old red and blue non a/c buses are much more quiet.

Yes, and the Beijing > Shanghai link is 1.300 km long and took a little over 2 years.

Spin worthy of a politician.

What you conveniently forget to mention or didn't know was that the Chinese Premier actually announced the project in 1995 so start to finish it took 15 years.

Yes, and the Beijing > Shanghai link is 1.300 km long and took a little over 2 years.

Spin worthy of a politician.

What you conveniently forget to mention or didn't know was that the Chinese Premier actually announced the project in 1995 so start to finish it took 15 years.

You spoke about the construction time of the 100 km track and I answered about the 1.300 km track; simple as that. Nice there's Google, isn't it?;)

But, I wonder what your point is anyway, highlighting just one sentence out of my post?

LaoPo

So far mostly negative comments on the High-Speed train construction to be done but that's not surprising anymore on TV..is it, negative commenting ? ;)

Most complainers forget that China has an enormous know how in constructing these High Speed Train tracks and most posters think of constructing traditional train railways but there's more to it.

post-13995-0-98213400-1292341568_thumb.j

Over 85% of track on the Beijing–Tianjin Intercity Railway is laid on viaducts (shown). Chinese builders use elevated lines to keep high-speed rail tracks straight and level over uneven terrain, and to save on land acquisition costs.

post-13995-0-84939200-1292341612_thumb.j

A prefabricated section of the elevated track being installed on the Harbin-Dalian High Speed Railway in October 2010.

I don't know what the Thai- and Chinese Governments are planning but I think they're not stupid and that the plans have been drafted already, a long time ago.

China has already 7,500 km of High Speed rail network running in service.

The speed record has just been set on the Beijing > Shanghai vv rail at a stunning speed of 486.1 km/hr on December 3 -2010

The brandnew Beijing Shanghai High Speed Rail Link has an OPERATING SPEED of 380 km/hr over a distance of 1.300 km !!

"Construction work began on April 18, 2008. Track-laying was started on July 19, 2010, and completed on November 15, 2010.[12] "

http://en.wikipedia....ay#Construction

But, I suppose the negative posters' Grandparents would never have believed that their Grand Children would be able to travel to Thailand in a Large Bird in just half a day................ and if they would have known about trains, travelling at a speed of more than 350-450 km/hr they would have called a shrink...:lol:

LaoPo

One mans scepticism is anothers negativity I suppose and is somewhat understandable given past record on previous transport mega projects.

And if your going to quote construction time it would perhaps be more enlightening to point out the total project timescale from inception, through planning, contract awarding and finally construction to show how "ambitious" the Thai timescale is.

Finally, as a huge fan of rail travel, my very best wishes for the project, I hope they pull it off.

One mans scepticism is anothers negativity I suppose and is somewhat understandable given past record on previous transport mega projects.

And if your going to quote construction time it would perhaps be more enlightening to point out the total project timescale from inception, through planning, contract awarding and finally construction to show how "ambitious" the Thai timescale is.

Finally, as a huge fan of rail travel, my very best wishes for the project, I hope they pull it off.

Of course; be my guest and enlighten us. We'll be looking forward in time...Thai time of course :rolleyes:

LaoPo