In Case Of Death Without Will

WarpSpeed

l wonder if there is such a thing as joint ownership of a motor, husband and wife name in blue book. :)

Probably no but.......................

Joint ownership can be done Thai/farang but only on a new car.

Daft, aint it. ;)

I know but that how it go's. A mate of mine did it twice but he had a reason that I won't go into. I've had two new car's Both in my name. If any one think's that paying out 1.5 mil and putting it in a Thai Peep's name is cleaver up to them. Bad enough having to put the house in Thai name, But you can take out a 30 year rent agreement that cover's that. Even if you peg it. But a will is a must. To give cover for both party's.

ohmy.gif to all posters about wills . please advise if i am correct

i am married and own my own trucksad.gif i also have to keep visa money in a thai bank plus i have other accounts mine, i pay my pensions into . I want to make a will leaving all monies to my youngest son , was thinking once done I would inform my hon consul, The truck can stay, as well as the house i have a lease on,[ownership in the wife's name, of course,] i think how ever it might be possible to change ownership details in the blue book as though it was sold. but visa rules and ownership come into play sorrry to have wandered off motor forum with which i am impressed thanks Riley 76

to all posters about wills . please advise if i am correct

i am married and own my own trucksad.gif i also have to keep visa money in a thai bank plus i have other accounts mine, i pay my pensions into . I want to make a will leaving all monies to my youngest son , was thinking once done I would inform my hon consul, The truck can stay, as well as the house i have a lease on,[ownership in the wife's name, of course,] i think how ever it might be possible to change ownership details in the blue book as though it was sold. but visa rules and ownership come into play sorry to have wandered off motor forum with which i am impressed thanks Riley 76

You need a will for your Thai assets.

Without one, your youngest son would get at best 50% and possibly less.

You also need to specify what happens to the other assets. otherwise these will be distributed in accordance with Thai intestacy laws which means various people receiving a %. Somewhat difficult for a car!!!

i am married and own my own trucksad.gif i also have to keep visa money in a thai bank plus i have other accounts mine, i pay my pensions into . I want to make a will leaving all monies to my youngest son , was thinking once done I would inform my hon consul, The truck can stay, as well as the house i have a lease on,[ownership in the wife's name, of course,] i think how ever it might be possible to change ownership details in the blue book as though it was sold. but visa rules and ownership come into play sorry to have wandered off motor forum with which i am impressed thanks Riley 76

You need a will for your Thai assets.

Without one, your youngest son would get at best 50% and possibly less.

You also need to specify what happens to the other assets. otherwise these will be distributed in accordance with Thai intestacy laws which means various people receiving a %. Somewhat difficult for a car!!!

I imagine there will also be the possibility of pension entitlements for Mrs riley76 ? Not to mention Bereavement benefits.

[quote name='riley76' timestamp='1292567742' post='4093230'

was thinking once done I would inform my hon consul,

Why would you want to do that?

I can't imagine he would be the slightest bit interested!

I would suggest you keep all your documents concerning assets together with the will, so as to be easily accessible when the time comes by whoever will assist your wife and children deal with your affairs.

i am married and own my own trucksad.gif i also have to keep visa money in a thai bank plus i have other accounts mine, i pay my pensions into . I want to make a will leaving all monies to my youngest son , was thinking once done I would inform my hon consul, The truck can stay, as well as the house i have a lease on,[ownership in the wife's name, of course,] i think how ever it might be possible to change ownership details in the blue book as though it was sold. but visa rules and ownership come into play sorrry to have wandered off motor forum with which i am impressed thanks Riley 76

I am not quite sure I understand what you are asking, but whatever it is you are not correct.

1. If you have "pensions" you do not "have to keep visa money in a thai bank".

2. You can leave anything you own to anyone you like. If you want to leave "all monies" to your youngest son then you need to make your will very specific, including who controls these "monies" if he is not old enough to do so for himself. The house is already your wife's property and any property not included in the will (truck, etc) will be divided according to Thai intestacy law.

3. "Visa rules", whatever you are referring to, have little to do with wills and inheritance.

See a lawyer, and make sure you make your will clear - excluding your wife and other children from any inheritance, for example, could lead to the will being challenged in court unless it is specific. Ignore any advice given in this particular thread as, apart from that given by KBB and MRO, most of it is totally incorrect.

Sorry Sweatie but my idea (actually inspired by T/A) of co-ownership is correct and that is what the thread is about. We have already inquired and in our case it applies across the board and simplifies the entire process in case of either of us passing. There is no Thai intestacy that applies in that case as just with my previous wife who passed from cancer back home nothing is any sort of "probate" it simply reverts to the surviving spouse.. All very simple..

So be careful when you make a blanket statement by saying "no advice in this thread is correct"..

Don't forget the topic is about 2 married foreigns nationals (not Thai) and a paid off second hand car and not what it has morphed into along the way..

Edited by WarpSpeed

So be careful when you make a blanket statement by saying "no advice in this thread is correct"..

Please "be careful" not to make up quotes which you then attribute to others (in this case myself). I DID NOT SAY "no advice in this thread is correct".

The nearest I came to that, which is totally different, was " Ignore any advice given in this particular thread as, apart from that given by KBB and MRO, most of it is totally incorrect." (underline added).

This is the second time just in this one thread that you have said I have said something I have not.

Don't forget the topic is about 2 married foreigns nationals (not Thai) and a paid off second hand car and not what it has morphed into along the way..

I didn't forget. Apparently you forgot that you wrote "No worries Riley that's one reason I posted the thread, it's somewhat related and threads often morph into something different so hope you get the info you need.." to riley76, whose particular post I was clearly replying to.

If you don't want to listen to advice from those qualified to give it to you and you prefer to stick to your own "idea" of the law in this country that is your privilege, but please refrain from misquoting others and, if it is at all possible, from giving advice which is simply WRONG.

Ok I paraphrased but the context is still the same, it is not totally different.. :rolleyes:

"Ignore any advice given in this particular thread as, apart from that given by KBB and MRO, most of it is totally incorrect"

No it isn't the second time of anything.. Get over it. My reference was to his topic but you included the entire thread as "MOSTLY" incorrect save for 2 other members advice and it isn't..

It's not my "idea" of the law here, IT IS THE LAW HERE.... WE can legally co-own the car and in the case of a death of one spouse or the other the cars ownership then reverts painlessly to the co-owner, end of..... Not only is that not misinformation it is useful information for those who don't know... Which I guess includes YOU!!!!

Edited by WarpSpeed