Transport / Hotel In Ao Nang

JAM1E

Hello All,

Will be going to Ao Nang for 5 nights in Feb 2011 need some advice.

1st, We will be flying from Chang Mai to phuket. How much is a Taxi from Phuket airport to Ao Nang and have you any phone numbers or website to book?

2nd, We are looking for a nice clean hotel central near the beach with a pool. I want to be close to the bars (walking distance) but also need a good night sleep when back in the room so quite rooms. price say approx 3000 Thb a night?

I have read quite a bit in this fourm and on the net and am a little bit unsure of Ao Nang. The Mrs picked it and wants to see the islands and to relax. I am more a Phuket or Pattaya type of bloke beer bars and go go's so we are like chalk and cheese but we are looking forward to Ao Nang so any tips place's to go resturants etc would help. Just want the Mrs to have a nice time in Ao Nang as by the time we get here we will becoming to the end of our holiday..

Thanks for taking the time to read look forward to any reply's

Jam1e

Two years ago we paid THB 1500 for a Taxi (private car) from Phuket Airport to Pavillion Hotel in Ao Nang. If you need a newer or larger car, the price will be a few hundred Bahy more. Just talk to one of the Taxi-touts outside the airport. They will definitely find you when you marrive. No need to book in advance, but don´t forget to negotiate the price.

No Go-Go´s or Girlie Bars in Ao Nang, which is a family holiday destination. Most bars are located in and behind Beach road. For a Hotel in walking distance to the beach road, I can recommend Krabi Resort (10 minutes walk from the main strip), which has a nice pool and located directly on the beach. Rooms in the building are nice and could probably meet your budget. They sometimes offer free nights as a promotion. The price includes a huge and very delicious breakfast buffet. Other hotels can be found directly among the bars in beach road. Just go to a travel homepage and check them out.

Edited by Xonax

Don't know about the taxi or costs

Stayed at the Krabi Heritage hotel in Aonang. Reasonable priced, clean, small problems were taken care of without blinking, good breakfast, and they have a pool, not that big, but ..a pool.

Everything is within walking distance from that hotel.

Take a look at Google Earth, let it show the hotels and you will find it. `Agoda` (tv sponsor) also offers that hotel on their site;

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/krabi/krabi_heritage_hotel.html

Don't know when Xonax was there for the last time, but there is an area with the usual girly bars if you are interested in that kind of thing.

I wasn't that impressed about the Aonang beach itself, it is very very busy with the long tail boats taking everybody to islands or to more deserted beaches.

A bit more to the north there is Nopparathara beach, which is more white sand like. But for the shops bars restaurants and for evening strawling you need to be in Aonang.

It isn't really a big place, like I said take a look at it on google earth. Enjoy the holidays.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

We are going to wait and see the taxi-touts out side the airport and get a couple of prices for the taxi to Ao Nang. We also booked the Krabi Heritage hotel last night for our stay. looks like a good location and has a lot of good reviews.

The Mrs said "Don't worry love Ao Nang will have a little area for the Go Go's tucked away, know you will find them" LOL. We think Ao Nang is going to be a nice place to relax at the end of our travels before we have to go home...

Thanks again for the Info.

Jam1e

• 1 month later...

The taxi meter service at Phuket Airport has a fixed price of 2,300 baht for travel to Ao Nang, (they do not use the meter if the trip is off the island - no idea why this is).

I travel regularly between Phuket and Ao Nang, and can always get them to agree to a fare of 2,000 baht, but get this agreed and written on the receipt before you travel.

I don't think there are any go-gos in Ao Nang, but there are plenty of beer bars stocked up with pretty ladies and even some of indeterminate gender :)

Simon

Edited by LivinginKata
remarks removed