Formula One Racing This Weekend?

HAL9000

F1 champs to put on Bangkok show Dec 18

The Nation: 2 Dec 2010

F1 champs to put on special show

Rajdamnoen Avenue will be closed on December 18 to make way for a show from the Red Bull team - this year's winners of the Formula 1 World Championships - to mark His Majesty's 83rd birthday. The event will be held at 2pm.

Metropolitan Police Area 6 deputy chief Pol Colonel Wallop Prathummuang said the avenue would be blocked from the Phan Fa intersection to the Khok Wua intersection for an hour and a half.

Chalerm Yoovidhya, chairman of Red Bull in the UK, said the team had already wowed fans in important cities across the globe.

Mark Webber, a famous Australian F1 champion, and Sak "Kiki" Nana will be joining the Red Bull Drift Team Thailand for the Rajdamnoen show.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2010/12/02/national/F1-champs-to-put-on-special-show-30143590.html

TBWG :wai:

Man! I'd like to go but with the current political situation and the way they provide crowd control from past events I've attended I think I'll take a pass and not be a potential target or victim :( .. I'll wait and attend in a civilized country..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Man! I'd like to go but with the current political situation and the way they provide crowd control from past events I've attended I think I'll take a pass and not be a potential target or victim :( .. I'll wait and attend in a civilized country..

Well, F1 is primarily a man's sport.

So I guess you're not qualified to be a fan then??

Yes, as is being a good, responsible father and not putting your children in potential harms way as has happened before in these sort of events for me here just for a few entertaining laps of a show for those who can't get to a REAL event..

I'm sure several Cambodian parents are now lamenting their decisions to go to the recent tragic event they attended with their now deceased children and family members so I'll take your intended personal insult and still be smart and secure in my decision, thank you

Edited by WarpSpeed