This Proves Ladies Were Right All Along

IanForbes

The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

Ladies.....Quit Laughing.

Edited by IanForbes

• 2 weeks later...

When growing up I lived on the same street as Gordie Howe. I played with his kids although they were younger than I. When I was 15 years old Gordie's 10 year old son Mark was a better skater than I, so was his 11 year old brother Marty.

One thing we all had in common, back then, is we didn't wear no stinking helmets. The goalies didn't wear no prissy masks.

Canadians and Americans close the the Canadian border were men not wimps. Goalies and defense-men didn't have teeth and that was the way of the world.

You could walk or skate across the frozen Detroit river to Canada in a few minutes and we played hockey on both sides of the border almost daily in the winter time.

I played semi pro hockey at 16 years of age and smoked cigars, drank whiskey and cavorted with women of the night in the locker room after the games. Are you trying to tell me that I was not the flower of Canadian intelligentsia for not wearing a helmet? For shame!

When growing up I lived on the same street as Gordie Howe. I played with his kids although they were younger than I. When I was 15 years old Gordie's 10 year old son Mark was a better skater than I, so was his 11 year old brother Marty.

One thing we all had in common, back then, is we didn't wear no stinking helmets. The goalies didn't wear no prissy masks.

Canadians and Americans close the the Canadian border were men not wimps. Goalies and defense-men didn't have teeth and that was the way of the world.

You could walk or skate across the frozen Detroit river to Canada in a few minutes and we played hockey on both sides of the border almost daily in the winter time.

I played semi pro hockey at 16 years of age and smoked cigars, drank whiskey and cavorted with women of the night in the locker room after the games. Are you trying to tell me that I was not the flower of Canadian intelligentsia for not wearing a helmet? For shame!

Is your name Paul Newman by chance ;)

Is your name Paul Newman by chance ;)

Actually I look more like Gump Worsley.

post-26885-0-78809700-1293168663_thumb.j