Wp3 Form - Can It Be Filed By Mail?

My understanding is that an application for a work permit must be filed in person by the applicant or their appointed representative (the applicant is the employer, not the employee) and that the application needs to be filed at the Labour Department office that covers the principal place of work. While the prospective employee is not required to be present, I don't believe this can be done by mail.

My understanding is that an application for a work permit must be filed in person by the applicant or their appointed representative (the applicant is the employer, not the employee) and that the application needs to be filed at the Labour Department office that covers the principal place of work. While the prospective employee is not required to be present, I don't believe this can be done by mail.

The prospective employee does have to pick it up themselves, the lawyer cannot do that. I just went thru the process.

can I , as the employee, file for the permit.?..of course with all of the required paperwork. I believe i need a completed wp3 form and a letter of intent from the employer. thank you,,,some are saying i can do this ( the employee),,,,some say the employer----which is correct?

Edited by michael888

can I , as the employee, file for the permit.?..of course with all of the required paperwork. I believe i need a completed wp3 form and a letter of intent from the employer. thank you

Yes of course you can, there are a dozen or so documents you need including a contract. I have listed all the docs in a previous post a month ago. I think you can see all my posts if you click on my name, not exactly sure how to do that but give it a try. Then look for work permit related post. You need Tax documents, employee list both Thai and foreign, proof of company registration etc. etc about 14 documents,,,,,and then when you leave the country to apply for the visa you also need a letter of invitation. If this is the first time your employer has done this and is not familiar with the process it is worth the 3,000 bhat I paid to have my lawyer give me a list of all the docs, talk to the Thai secretaries at the company to see that they had everything needed. You may find the necessary info at mfa.go.th Ministry of Foreign Afffairs Thailand website. And as Mario Said the WP is yours to hold on to do not let the employer lock it away somewhere. Do not give it to your employer it is supposed to be in your possession at all times on the job, although my sits in my apartment. (I would not want to lose it on the way to work, or have it disappear from the workplace)

Edited by Colabamumbai