American Man's House Robbed In Bang Saray

Rimmer

Burglars Claim Another Victim In Sattahip Village

SATTAHIP: -- An American man’s house was burgled early in the morning while he was asleep. Thieves made off with goods to the value of 200,000. Robberies in the village occur so often, that many residents have moved away.

Sattahip, 14 December 2010 (PDN): At 8.00 am on Tuesday Sattahip Police Investigator, Captain Bandit Techawong, was notified by American national Mr. Louie Eldridge Wear [67] that he had been burgled at his house at 121/71, Sunisa1, Moo8, Bangsarey, Sattahip. Police and forensic officers were dispatched to investigate.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-12-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Didnt know Jerry Garcia was living in Pattaya, thought he had popped his clogs.

Isnt Bang Saray portrayed as the Bel Air of Pattaya, this dude cant even afford a haircut and shave, 80 baht at your local somchai barbers shop.

Oh dear oh dear, oops there goes the neighbourhood.

Why is it deemed necessary in Thailand to disclose the full details of victims, such as name, age and full address? I haven't bothered to read the full story, but doubtless there will be a copy of the personal details page of the guy's passport...!

Wouldn't it be perfectly acceptable to report that an elderly American man's home in Bangsaray was burgled? It is known in the UK that where victims are seen as vulnerable, there can often be repeat visits, and not necessarily by the same villains. Hence, no such details would ever be circulated in the UK.

I sincerely hope that my home never gets burgled here, otherwise I have no doubt my full details will be bandied around without my authority.