Thai Immigration Arrest American And British Fugitive Wanted For Child Molesting

webfact

Two arrested on foreign child molesting charges

By The Nation

Published on December 16, 2010

med_gallery_327_1086_33076.jpg

Immigration Police arrested two foreign fugitives for child molestation, one American and one Briton, in two separate incidents, police said yesterday.

The American national, Allen Mingchai Hayes, 39, was apprehended on Bangkok's Wireless Road on Tuesday for offences he allegedly committed in the US before fleeing to Thailand in 2004, said Immigration Bureau's Investigation Division chief Pol Maj-General Manu Mekmok. Hayes was also found to have overstayed his visa for nearly two years.

The British national Kevin Wilter, 49, was arrested in a housing estate in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district. Wilter allegedly confessed that he entered Thailand in 2007 and had been avoiding a British arrest warrant for three years now.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-12-16

General warning - Please read before you post

We have decided to let this topic stay open for serious and civil discussion.

We will not tolerate:

- hang 'em high posts

- flames, racist comments or insults

If posters cannot follow these restrictions then the topic will be closed immediately and all members in violation of these restrictions will earn an immediate suspension.

Thank you for your cooperation

Thaivisa Admin

Personally I am pleased to see there seems to be some sort of interchange and information sharing between the police forces of Thailand and others countries regarding criminals who are here in Thailand irrespective of the crime.

Perhaps given time the reputation that the Costa Del La Sol had as Costa Del La Crime will not spread too much further in this country and indeed a certain resort on the Eastern seaboard might even one day be ''spring cleaned '' and the more muckier elements of the community removed to all of our benefits.

Well done to the boys in uniforms of assorted colours, and of course the embassies involved in such matters too.

Edited by siampolee

It does look like the Thai government is cooperating more and more with foreign governments looking for fugitives. This maybe a good thing for Thailand.

And also the victims who hopefully will get some form of justice, should these people be found guilty of the crimes they have been reported to have commited.

Not to seem cynical, but what the hell; I am glad that these two made the necessary mistakes that it took for the Thai authorities to stumble upon their warrants. One man on overstay for 3 years? There you go! Another man arrested in a housing development; but for what? I will lay odds that had these bums not made mistakes that were grave enough to compel the authorities to dig deep, then they would not presently be detained over the warrants for their arrests.

I stated it that way, because I can not idly sit and read this, and allow the authorities to take credit for something they did not set out to do in the first place, contrary to how this article would like us to think. There is no way you can convince me that the Thai police have the time to single out requests from foreign governments and prioritize it to the top of their "to do" list, over their collecting tea money, managing their brothels and bars, and generally paying hide and seek with their duties.

Reading between the lines, it appears that these two rogues committed mistakes that got the attention of the Thai authorities from the perspective of greed, and over the course of processing these two for tea money, the police "stubbed their toes" on the arrest warrants, but only as an afterthought. No way they initially dealt with these two from the perspective the article suggests. They simply are not that organized; nor is their focus on assisting other nations.

We will see if they are actually extradited, or if they mysteriously disappear into Thailand's morning mists, due to Thailand's internationally renowned lust for for bribe money.

Cynical? Hell yes. This forum has over 300 pages of statistics to support everything I implied.

Where should the thanks go? To the computer programmers, who designed the system to contain the information that was there when some lazy bum took the time to read it and pass the info on. Also the taxpayers, who funded the system in the hopes that lazy bums would notice the information on their screens, place morals (or fear?) above greed, and pass that information on.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Not to seem cynical, but what the hell; I am glad that these two made the necessary mistakes that it took for the Thai authorities to stumble upon their warrants. One man on overstay for 3 years? There you go! Another man arrested in a housing development; but for what? I will lay odds that had these bums not made mistakes that were grave enough to compel the authorities to dig deep, then they would not presently be detained over the warrants for their arrests.

I stated it that way, because I can not idly sit and read this, and allow the authorities to take credit for something they did not set out to do in the first place, contrary to how this article would like us to think. There is no way you can convince me that the Thai police have the time to single out requests from foreign governments and prioritize it to the top of their "to do" list, over their collecting tea money, managing their brothels and bars, and generally paying hide and seek with their duties.

Reading between the lines, it appears that these two rogues committed mistakes that got the attention of the Thai authorities from the perspective of greed, and over the course of processing these two for tea money, the police "stubbed their toes" on the arrest warrants, but only as an afterthought. No way they initially dealt with these two from the perspective the article suggests. They simply are not that organized; nor is their focus on assisting other nations.

We will see if they are actually extradited, or if they mysteriously disappear into Thailand's morning mists, due to Thailand's internationally renowned lust for for bribe money.

Cynical? Hell yes. This forum has over 300 pages of statistics to support everything I implied.

Where should the thanks go? To the computer programmers, who designed the system to contain the information that was there when some lazy bum took the time to read it and pass the info on. Also the taxpayers, who funded the system in the hopes that lazy bums would notice the information on their screens, place morals (or fear?) above greed, and pass that information on.

Head, nail hit on the....:lock:

Would have to agree as the locations of both when apprehended would be needle in the haystack situations unless some NGO assistance was given as the BiB are demonstrably unable to fathom or catch most things other than a head cold, unless pointed or better still, led to the culprits. Just look at the overwhelming amount of un-apprehended perps out there hiding in Thailand let alone their Thai counterparts. ohmy.gif

EXACTLY!!!

@joskydive, I'm with you there....gagjag, gingdag, gagbag, or whatever...and the rest of the whiners, really....just F'in go home. Sh!ts basically the same there, wherever it is, although they may cover it up better, lie about it more, and charge more for corrupt services rendered.

I'm cynical as they come and I still wish all you bitches would go home, where nobody gives an F about your Mr. Obvious opinions there either. I wrote the book on it.

Cheese and F'in Rice!

Are you for real. So, besides relevant posters being F'in whiner bitches, your post is nothing more than cannon-fodder for a poor-white-boy-raised-in-the-black-slums-wanna-be-a black-gangsta-crack-baby! You even have the US black trash "ebonics" going for you.

Get a life! Your post is of topic and extremely insulting, Mr. Ebonics.

Hey, do you really have a thing for "Ebonics" or just gladly showing off your hilly billy traits or acting out your white supremacist fantasies?

This thread is simply about kiddie fiddlers being binned for good. And none of them is a black gangsta or a wanna be. Kop chai lai lai.

And why do you care? What's your point? What do you think about the OP? Get a life means to not focus on the messenger and to express something original about the OP. There are numerous rules violations in that post, cleverly hidden in a mumbo jumbo language that is protected by politically correct idiots such as yourself. I don't buy it, and will punch back if pushed. Don't call me a "F'in whiner bitch" and expect to walk away jukin & jivin with a million dollar smile. That's all. Can we calm down now?

My original post stands, and I apologize to the admins for being derailed by these personal attacks on my character. I can not speak out for the others who were rudely grouped into this poster's degrading comments. I guess I am just human in that I won't stand by and let that kind of crap be flung at me. Sometimes; yes; but not this!

Edited by cup-O-coffee

The fact that the American was apprehended on Wireless Rd. where the US Embassy is located does suggest some co-operation between the US and Thai authorities.

As far as Mr. Cynical above, for whom everything in Thailand is bad-bad-bad: why don't you just leave!

That's what a Thai would say. "why not just leave".

Quite a few people would agree with Mr. Cynical. ..because Thai actions or should i say non-actions speak for themselves. Is everything Good-good-good here? Maybe if you just see what you want to see. There's good and bad here. ...and if you've lived here long enough, you know exactly what this guy is talking about...unless you've kept your head in the sand.

idiotic post get a life

I do not see it as an idiotic post; rather a figurative way of generalizing that Eastern views on sexuality vastly differ from other countries morals (e.i. European and Western moralities).

This topic has seen so much coverage recently, that legitimate, well thought out responses get lost within the pages from the constant tidal flow of flotsam and jetsam. People who see these articles for the redundant tripe that they are, simply lose energy and their responses become more figurative as time goes on.

This is an idea that has an ironclad shell of xenophobia, and will not relent to foreign pressures as long as religious, cultural and political importance is given to it. Sorry to disappoint you. Empirical evidence and statistics show his figurative comment to be rather spot on.

I believe that hese two men are running from what they did elsewhere, and not for anything similar they got caught doing here. As far as the article lets on, they got caught here doing things that have nothing to do with child molestation.

[quote name='cup-O-coffee' timestamp='1292468322' post='4090759'

You are indeed cynical. I'd say a lot of people/organizations get the credit for these arrests .... including the Thai government and police. Had the police not set up the systems to cooperate with American and British police, and Interpol, these child molesters would not have been detected when they were approached by the police. Also, I'll bet you these guys do not escape justice as you suggest. BTW, do you actually have a list of these supposed 300 pages of statistics? Actual "statistics"? I seriously doubt it.

It's nonsense to believe you can award credit to a Police Force that are part of a system where apathy, complacency and dishonesty rules.

We aren't given anywhere near enough detail of how the arrests were brought about. But it is accurate to see them as part of a series of recent arrests. Furthermore, such arrests would appear tokenism. This is so as the number of offences being committed by tourists engaged in stautory rape [under age] must be considerable. If these weren't a few highly contrived and publicised arrests there be a daily flow of pedophiles being locked up and deported from the streets of Pattaya. It would start with numbers in their hundreds.

And yet there is no attempt to monitor the sexual predation that occurrs daily, nightly, constantly in Pattaya. Hence we have the tokenism of the needle in a haystack arrest of some one off the radar and hiding in Bang Lamung; back track, dirt road, sticksville Bang Lamung. And yet those who sit openly on Beach Road and in the Pattaya bars taking underage girls back to their condos are ignored. Worse still, the norm of travelling around with a child on a motorbike, without any other supervising adult, is never questionned. Middle aged pedophiles going unchecked trasporting children from condo to condo for what purpose other than to see another uncle.

If Wilter ever were under the radar I'd be surprised. It is more than plausible that he was known to authorities as any farang is viewed as future pickings. When we see a Thai policy that hasThai family rapists allowed to remain unprosecuted and living in the family home, then why should the authorities trouble themselves over a bit of child molestation, especially when a foreigner is involved? Think of all the trouble in translation. As the BIB do. What's one more abused kid to them?

This swooping from the sky and arresting these low life one off pedophiles does nothing to actually improve Thailand's reputation. A reputation that Singapore describes as 'the world's largest brothel'. [WickiLeaks - Pattaya.] The international community and the very Organisations some believe to have linked up in order to assist this arrest, do not focus on the minutiae of small time child molestors.

Do you really think that when there are organised, video recording, DVD marketting baby abusers setting up shop in Pattaya, they are to be ignored in favour of arresting one American on Wireless Road?

When there are internationally connected child abuse rings whose members are abusing children in Thailand and delivering the recorded evidence via the internet to pedophile groups on several continents, that a bloke in Bang Lamung is the current target of all Thailand's combined resources? Is that what we are to believe?

You have devil worshipping sadistic baby abusers living in Pattaya and acting out there wildest dreams and allowed to do so. Meanwhile, Thailand's BiB get their heads together and go after a bloke who feels a kids arse.

Any form of child abuse is wrong, immoral and should be pursued relentlessly. But would anyone with a grain of sense or in a position of power ever have such upside down insane priorities? Or is that what they meant by 'Amazing Thailand'?

Are the streets of Pattaya any safer now that one child molester is history other than perhaps marginally? Until there is seen to be some form of joined up, effective and constant drive to apply the law then Thailand will remain an international pariah. Not to be trusted but to be cajolled, presssured and bullied into arresting foreign nationals. Those arrests being forced by Governments of the Nationals country.

Thailand does little if anything to tackle child abusing pedophiles amongst its own populace. There is not the violent reaction amongst Thais when they find a pedophile living in their community. Touch a buddha statue or urinate on one as one ex-pat did outside Foodland and you'll be set upon with a club and half a dozen taxi drivers. But serially sexually abuse a 4 year old and they'll high five you each time you pay them to drop the kid off somewhere in Naklua.

And yet farangs form a lynch mob. Even in Pattaya there are some farangs who ambush the arrested pervert as he is led from his condo. Yet the Thais seem to apply 'mai pen rai' as if they don't understand or even care what is happening at all.

That is the National psyche. The outrage, the voice of reason, the normal response is only found ammongst the organisations operating out of Bangkok. It's their job to make the right noises. And they do. But it goes little further other than when the token, well rehearsed, media ready planned and executed 'arrest' is to be made. It is not a feeling held amongst the run of the mill Thais that anything needs to be done any time soon. Sure, there is a knowledge that it is unpleasant, wrong, not acceptable. But equally and more disturbingly there is the Thai apathetic, blase dismissal that it concerns them.

That is the reality in Thailand. Our Western values, responses, mores are anathama here.

And we are concerned only about the trouble our own Nationals make. We are not interfering in the arressts of Thais. We have a right to expect justice be applied to our own nationals. That is so that order is maintained, our own safety is not jeopardised and our reputations not left in tatters.

Although the later is happenning. Thailand is a haven for pedophiles. That is an accepted and widely held view. Until we force a climate of change then it will remain so.

Pattaya a pedophiles paradise. Condone that and you're part of the problem.

I'm curious how foreigners manage to live for 3 years in Thailand illegally.

I suppose they could get undocumented jobs, teaching English would probably the best paying. Do they teach English for a living and live in humble Thai-style accomodations? Unless they were independently wealthy and managed to haul their cash into Thailand, seems like it would be tough going for them. Isnt getting caught eventually more or less inevitable? Or do they feel perhaps they could live to a ripe old age in Thailand if they keep a low profile?

It does look like the Thai government is cooperating more and more with foreign governments looking for fugitives. This maybe a good thing for Thailand.

Guess it's pretty cool to get rid off people like them. Unfortunately there's a lot of work waiting here.......:jap: