Any Good Veterinarians In Nakhon Phanom/Sakhon Nakhon/Mukdahan ?

FlorC

I love cats , but they keep on breeding , inbreeding where I live in Nakhon Phanom. A lot of cats with no future.

Father cat banging his teendaughter of 7 months old, another 5 incestbabies....and it goes on and on.

So has anyone , have a good experience with a veterinarian in NP or Sakhon or Mukdahan?

Is there such a thing as a good veterinarian in these parts, or is it the local butcher with a needle and some optional chloroform?

Can you really trust a thai with your loved pet?

I know there is a university animal hospital in Khon Kaen, but a bit far and letting these kids experiment on your cat?

A cat's life in thailand is even less worth than a chicken , Well maybe not in the NE , where they would eat it too...

And what do they do here in Thailand: Full hysterectomie or just tubal ligation ?

And for the male cats: cutting the full "package" or juist a vasectomy like on humans?

Thanks

There is a good Vet in Mukdahan, Her name is Nong and she speaks English, Ph. 042-633180. As she also works for the Government the best time to call would be at Lunch time- 12.30 or after 5 pm. otherwise you will get her staff who don't speak English. :rolleyes:

I have 5 dogs rangeing from a thai mongrel who has been treated many times by Nong after fight with neighbouring dogs, he;s only small but has never been beaten, he protects the other 4 at all times. I've had 1 bitch de-sexed and 2 more to be done soon. I have a Scottish woman friend who has 12 cats who has them treated by Nong and is also very happy with her work. That's about all i can tell you, she does a good job. Regards Don.:rolleyes:

Thanks Don.

When they come at that age to nuter them , I will give her a call, or go see.

Thanks again

No Problem, If you come to Mukdahan and want a good top quality meal check out on this forum- New restaurant in Mukdahan for Foreigners- That's where you will find me. Check out the Menu. Regards Don.B)

Thanks Don.

When they come at that age to nuter them , I will give her a call, or go see.

Thanks again

I see someone answered you from Muk BUT if you live in Nak Phanom there are about 6 vets around the town. The 2 newest ones are both in my area. I take my Rotweiller to 08 6324 9923. If you cross at Thanon Nittaya, the Sri Thep hotel and cinema are on your left. Go to the first lights and take a left -- my vet is on the right 50 metres along that short soi; just before the big body/car repair shop. If you turn right at that garage, go about 400 metres and there is a brand new at the top of our Soi. Locals say he's very good and I may try him out for my dog next time she's a bit off.

Yes I live mostly in NP, and I have noticed that there are vet's in town. I know the one near the bodyrepairshop.

But I wanted the opinion and experience of a westerner .

From another farang I hear he doesn't like the hospital in town , so what says that for animal care in such a

small out of the way s-hole as Nakhon Phanom...

I'm not too keen on the opinion of - Thai - locals , animal care is not high on their priority list.

Even back home , vets make some big mistakes so in this country where animals' lives are even less worth,

I fear for letting them cut my pets open....

But I may take a look at your vet. maybe PM me after your experience with the new one.

The 100 Km trip to Mukdahan and back is something to considder too...

Thanks