Gmail Problems

T_Dog

Last week emails from GMAIL users to my GMAIL account started having problems with embedded images not displaying. Tried turning off Ad Blocker, tried Gmail2, and looked through the many GMAIL help topics on this issue that many seem to be discovering. Anyone else experience this and find a solution? It only involves emails sent from one GMAIL account to another.

Had same problems too on Gmail, wish I knew the answers.... but hope if someone knows the answers can help (not meaning to Hi Jack the thread here!)

Some of my other problems with Gmail are:

My cursor thingy does not always show up & various other "silly things" Sometimes it remembers Password at sign in, some times not...:realangry:

I'll add one more thing, that a "Gmail Guru" might be able to help with.... and that is how to get rid of "User names" at sign in.... people who have used my computer to get their email while staying.... How to get rid of them?!!!

I'll add one more thing, that a "Gmail Guru" might be able to help with.... and that is how to get rid of "User names" at sign in.... people who have used my computer to get their email while staying.... How to get rid of them?!!!

Delete your web browser cache and cookies.

See also:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=12095

I think the user names being available for sign in to Google mail is from your browser.

If, for some reason, you don't want to delete your cache or cookies, on my browsers I can dropdown the list of names, highlight the name I want to delete, then delete it BEFORE clicking on it.

MSPain

I have never been able to send embedded images through my Gmail account, until I enabled the 'Inserting Images' option through the Gmail Labs feature. Would that be of any help?

Well, not really, as that would require me training all the people sending me emails where I can't see the images. I appreciate the thought though.

Below is what I found on the GMAIL help links. I am having this problem with FireFox and Safari, and it just started about a week ago. I've tried all the normal clean-up items like cookies, etc.

FROM GMAIL HELP:

We are aware of an issue where users are having problems forwarding messages with inline images, as the images are not appearing for the recipients of the email. While we investigate the issue, please try using another browser.

Having this issue? Reported.

I had this exact problem, for me I'm not sure what caused it and I tried all the fixes OP has tried from the Gmail Help files with similar success.

I was actually using Gmail Labs Insert though, I didn't know it was possible otherwise. And as richsiver points out, replying made the image appear. But it's still annoying obviously, but I was doing that for ages.

Then it was fixed surprisingly one day when I un-installed Better Gmail Extension (Unofficial) (I use Google Chrome and strongly, very strongly, recommend it to IE / FF users) and replaced it with the new Better Gmail extension: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/mgdnblnolcinnndenjnollpiplgkbjcn

Too coincidental not to be the cause of my bug imo, but if you're not using Chrome or the extensions, I imagine I have nothing of value to offer in advice. Except perhaps, to switch to Google jap.gif

Try using a different browser (Chrome???). I also had issues a few days ago using IE, but didn't when using Chrome.

Or install Mozilla's Thunderbird email client (if that's the correct term). It automatically downloads email from both my Hotmail and Gmail accounts and I can insert images, etc when composing email that goes out via Gmail. Almost never actually log onto Gmail or Hotmail anymore since Thunderbird checks for mail constantly and downloads new email onto my computer with an alert signal.

I use Outook 200X as me email client with Gmail pop download/upload....no problem at all with images, attachements, etc., when using this separate email client.

I just don't like any of the "webmail" interfaces for Gmail, Yahooo, etc, etc, etc. I only log onto the Gmail web interface every month or so for a few minutes to see if any spam email is in my spam folder which may not be spam.