Optician Recommendations Please!

banglay

Hello All..... I would like your recommendations for a good optician to western standards not just a quick 2 minute check (or as good as I one get find in pattaya or surrounding area's) and who can also supple varifocal glasses.

Cheers

Having tried numerous optical outlets over the years in Pattaya, I can say without a doubt, the most proficient and reasonably priced optician is located on second road opposite the royal garden complex.

They have the latest technology and the most up to date lenses available.

Having tried numerous optical outlets over the years in Pattaya, I can say without a doubt, the most proficient and reasonably priced optician is located on second road opposite the royal garden complex.

I think it's called something like Western Optic? Filippina optician?

I checked there many years ago and they were as expensive as other places.

I think it's called something like Western Optic? Filippina optician?

I checked there many years ago and they were as expensive as other places.

They are called Euro Optics and they are very good. I got light reactive progressive lenses&frame for 12,000b and it was well worth it.

After scouring this site for recommendations, I visited Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital Eye dept for a MEDICAL eye test/check up (900b) and got my prescription glasses were mentioned.

Both places are highly recommended.

Edited by Surindaloo

My wife got her light reactive progressive lenses & the frame's at that Beautiful Optical opposite Wat Chai market on Pattaya Tai, 10,000 Baht (but i am sure that could have been negotiated), the deal at the time was "buy one get one free" but instead of getting another pair for herself she managed to get the Grandsons one's free, so good deal i thought.

BTW the eye tests they performed initially took about an hour each at no charge, quite proffesional in my opinion - but i dont have a need for glasses (yet !) so i dont really know - just our family experience so far.

The last time I needed glasses, I looked on ThaiVisa and Pattaya Optical was recommended. I had problems with "low cost" options and people who could not even fit a pair on my ears. Pattaya Optical is very professional, but the prices are decent. I bought regular glasses and went back later for sunglasses. On Pattaya Klang, close to 2nd Road. Be aware MANY optical shops in a row. Highly recommended, I would not go elsewhere.

The last time I needed glasses, I looked on ThaiVisa and Pattaya Optical was recommended. I had problems with "low cost" options and people who could not even fit a pair on my ears. Pattaya Optical is very professional, but the prices are decent. I bought regular glasses and went back later for sunglasses. On Pattaya Klang, close to 2nd Road. Be aware MANY optical shops in a row. Highly recommended, I would not go elsewhere.

Agree, best prices around............

Prices must have gone up currently then.I'm using progressive lenses for more than 15 years and have never paid more then 6000 Baht for a set.

Last set was about a year ago and are Essilor,hard coated anti reflection.Before I always used Hoya but the Essilor are a lot better in the way of anti-scratch.Last set I bought at A&P pattaya klang and were 4500 Baht.

There must be a monopoly for opticians in Pattaya / Thailand,virtually all the same price wherever you go. Penang the same things can be had for a quarter of the price

Agree with that, I tried 3 different companies and got the same price in each (12,500 + 3,000 for titanium frames)

Just ordered a pair in Ha Noi for 1/4 of that price.

3 years ago when I bought my last pair the prices for lenses only were around US$200 in Dubai, Seoul and Pattaya where I checked, now US$400 + in Pattaya makes it cheaper to fly out to buy them and stil save money.

• 1 year later...

Just today I had a good experience with SIAM EYE CLINIC which is in Siam Square. My previous crummy optician had done a very bad job fitting new lenses into my frame. I was prepared to just get totally new lenses made, but the man took it in back with the heat-it-up equipment and spent a ton of time working on it, came out and gave me my perfectly fit, tightened-frame lenses back, polished and perfect, for free. Would not take money. (I know this is sometimes somewhat standard but hey -- he spent a ton of time and did it.)

Furthermore, it was clear that they had plenty of equipment around, they seemed professional and somewhat "medical." fairly large number of frames around to check.

You go to Siam Square. You go to where "Soi 1" hits the big street that has Paragon and all that on there. You walk back on Soi 1 into Siam Square area, and then it will get super narrow at one point. when you have jiggered back there, look to the right and you should see Siam Eye Clinic.

Basically, i feel like he did me a good, professional turn today so I wanted to return the favor by recommending.