Patong Immigration Office Closed?

tolsti

I happened to walk past the Patong Immigration Office on Beach Road this morning and there is notice on the door saying "temporarily closed" and another saying "Open 27/12/2010" ...doesn't affect me and apologies if this is Old News but it may assist others.

• 1 month later...

sombody know if the immigration in Patong open yet and if it´s possible to exstend visa there or if you have to go to Phuket town?

I was at Patong Immigration and did my 90 day reporting renewal last Thursday.

As noted, you can't extend a visa at Patong Immigration. They only do 90 day renewals.

sombody know if the immigration in Patong open yet and if it´s possible to exstend visa there or if you have to go to Phuket town?

I was at Patong Immigration and did my 90 day reporting renewal last Thursday.

As noted, you can't extend a visa at Patong Immigration. They only do 90 day renewals.

Ok, thanks.

• 1 month later...

I need to get a multi re entry permit . Can I do this at Patong or must I go to Phuket? Where is the Patong office( Not familiar w Patong )

Thanks

As far as I'm aware, only 90 day checks done in Patong. You'd need to go to Phuket Town for re-entries.

Patong office is on beach road, just past McD's almost opposite Kee Plaza.

I need to get a multi re entry permit . Can I do this at Patong or must I go to Phuket? Where is the Patong office( Not familiar w Patong )

Thanks

If you had read the thread further up you would have found the answer to your question HD.

Thank you iSabai,

Old Croc,

I did read the thread , it was not clear to me if multi re entry were or were not available in Patong.

Extensions were mentioned as No , 90 day report as Yes

Another question, please : does one have to go back to where your visa extension was granted to get a reentry?

Thanks

Edited by TigerWan

Another question, please : does one have to go back to where your visa extension was granted to get a reentry?

Thanks

That's a very good question. Reports in the Visa Forum are mixed. Seems that the official line is that re-entry stamp can only be issued at your local area office where the extension was granted. I myself had a re-entry granted in Nong Khai to go over to Laos, although my extension was granted in Phuket. So the answer seems to be very variable.

Thanks

That's a very good question. ...So the answer seems to be very variable.

Thai Immigration is the Anti- Zen.

It Is Not Written.

So I gather Patong Immig Office is open Tues March 1 , 2011 ?

Thank you Again

The re-entry permit can only be done at the same immigration office which issued the visa extension.

Except is emergency cases ( prove of flight etc ) they will issue the re-entry permit elswhere but it is up to the officer if they do it.

But as always this is Thailand and things can change at a minute notice or at the mood of the officer. :huh:

• 10 months later...

I am reviving this 10-month-old topic to ask whether the Patong immigration office, offering the limited service of handling notifications of staying longer than 90 days, is still in operation. The website of the Immigration Bureau does not list it, but if it is open all year around for 90-day reports I will put it on my list of immigration offices on Google Maps with an indication of the limited service.

• 3 weeks later...