Best And Worst Values In Thailand

HC82

People saying veggies are at good value are quite misinformed and crazy.

The cheap veggies from tesco or the markets are FULL of illegal pesticides. The good veggies are exported, ALL OF THEM. So anyone buying half decent veggies has to buy organic at the same price as back home.

What's a quid?

I know British pound and US dollar

How could I forget wine!!

Tesco UK have 55 wines under 3.99 a bottle on their shelves and on their website.

Those same quality of wines start here at 7 quid and for anything less than 7 quid here you might as well drink antifreeze!

Graham's fine tawny port 1311B that's 28.50 sterling. In Thailand

Graham's late bottled vintage port, 8.88 sterling in the UK at Tesco

But what the hell, christmas comes but once a year.

how you know they all poison with illegal pesticide??

This a fact or you opinion only?

People saying veggies are at good value are quite misinformed and crazy.

The cheap veggies from tesco or the markets are FULL of illegal pesticides. The good veggies are exported, ALL OF THEM. So anyone buying half decent veggies has to buy organic at the same price as back home.

QUID : Quasi Universal Intergalactic Denomination

What's a quid?

I know British pound and US dollar

How could I forget wine!!

Tesco UK have 55 wines under 3.99 a bottle on their shelves and on their website.

Those same quality of wines start here at 7 quid and for anything less than 7 quid here you might as well drink antifreeze!

Graham's fine tawny port 1311B that's 28.50 sterling. In Thailand

Graham's late bottled vintage port, 8.88 sterling in the UK at Tesco

But what the hell, christmas comes but once a year.

My first reaction

Best Values: "Naam Jai" and "Hen Jai"

Worst Values: "Kreng Jai" and lingering "sakdina"

Then on further reading that we were not in a metaphysical plane:

Best Value for money: Food

Worst Value for money: Politics and Politicians

Edited by fletchsmile

Not being someone who lives to eat, all this talk of foreign imported food being very bad value leaves me nonplussed. Surely, it is only bad value to those who eat the stuff and if it is bad value why eat it at all. By buying stuff that is bad value, doesn't that make you a bit ......? ;)

Not being someone who lives to eat, all this talk of foreign imported food being very bad value leaves me nonplussed. Surely, it is only bad value to those who eat the stuff and if it is bad value why eat it at all. By buying stuff that is bad value, doesn't that make you a bit ......? ;)

Get real. How can a human being live without cold pressed extra virgin olive oil?

As far as best values here, well I suppose, those would be Thai food, non-sexual massages, cleaning services, and various other kinds of services if you can manage to get close to the real local price, which isn't always easy or possible.

Edited by Jingthing

sarah's bloke. nailed it again! i'm renting a house for less than my utilities cost back home on my own same sized property but semi detached and slightly smaller but better maintained garden.

Hi Folks,

Best is value Kan be found below:-

http://www.pbase.com/win13

Most on these where taken for Free laugh.gif and are free to view if you so wish.

Worst was Visas to stay in Thailand.

I have a PR now so the worst is over biggrin.gif

Happy Days smile.gif

The Colonel an Amateur Photographer

Kanchanaburi Win :wai:

Edited by Kan Win

best value for money hotels/girls company / thai food/ worst value for money ( unless you live in scandanavia ) is beer , i buy 45 bottles of usa budweiser beer out of tesco,s here in uk for £20 that is less than 20 baht per bottle. jet skis / farang food, full english breafast in pattaya 120 baht thats around £270 i buy a fry in my local greasy spoon for £2 . farang food is very expensive in thailand, even go to tescos a 6 pack of sliced cheese 120 baht £240 <deleted> !!!

thailand is not cheap anymore !!!! add the costs of your visa runs etc to that. blink.gif i will be thinking cambodia in 7 more years when ive got enough money to retire for a ggod few years, no visa worries down there, get a good decent room for $150 per mth, has everything pattaya or thailand has too wink.gif

Edited by dmax