Mole Removal

smedly

need a little info on the best place to get a skin check, I have a couple of growths that I want looked at and probably removed, I know Australia are way ahead of stuff like this but there must be a handy walk in clinic where I can get these looked at

thx in advace

Edited by smedly

For those of us who have had many such "removals", all is in the "eye of the beholder". The initial diagnosis of skin lesions is within the purview of dermatology. However, many Thai dermatologists have little experience with falang skin, so their guesses are not as reliable as Thai dermatologists trained in western countries, especially US and Australia.

Clearly, a biopsy is required to have a factual diagnosis. If the lesions are clearly not of the carcinoma variety, freezing or other removal techniques are fine. However, until you are sure you are not prone to carcinomas due to excessive exposure to the sun, especially as you grow older, biopsy is the only way to go.

Only one of my removals was not one of the three carcinomas, so now I have excision biopsy in every case my US trained dermatologist in Chiang Mai suggests I have a "possible".

Caught early enough, freezing can be done in possible carcinoma lesions.

I believe there is a clinic on Pattaya Klang (Central Pattaya road) just west of Sai 3 (Third road), on the north-side, that specializes in mole removal. Maybe 50 meters west of TOT. I don't remember the name of the clinic, but there's a sign that says along the order of Laser Surgery, Dermatology, Tattoo Removal, and Teeth Whitening outside.

Edited by BB1950

Here is a Dr. at Samtivej Sukhumvit Hospital in BKK....he is highly recommended and I will be going up next week to see him about some moles as well.

Paritas Sukriket , M.D.

Hospital Samitivej Sukhumvit

Gender Male

Spoken language ENGLISH

THAI

Specialty DERMATOLOGY (SKIN)

Sub-Specialty DERMATOLOGY (SKIN)

Expertise Dermatology (Skin)

Education Detail แพทยศาสตร์บัณฑิต มหาวิทยาลัยเชียงใหม่

Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Dermatology, Yale School of Medicine, Yale University

Diplomate American Board of Dermatology

แพทยศาสตร์บัณฑิต คณะแพทยศาสตร์ มหาวิทยาลัยเชียงใหม่, ประเทศไทย

M.D., Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand

Edited by ericg1953