Xmas Puddings And Mince Pies

LivinLOS

Forgive me if this is in one of th emany food threads, I did a brief scan but didnt see any mention.

Where to buy ?? Best quality price not a factor within reason.

Kinda thought rimping might have them but didnt see any in the airport side one.

I'm coming down to the big city to do a bit of shopping this week and I've got a pudding on the list. I'll probably check out Rimping and Carrefour.

I'll be surprised if some of the speciality bakers haven't come up with one, I'll certainly have at look at J&S when I'm picking up my Weinacht Stollen. B)

I noticed yesterday that Marks and Spencer in Central World have some Christmas Puddings, they don't come cheap at about 1200 Baht each but as Christmas approaches they are selling some of their Christmas stock at 3 for 2, didn't have many puddings left.

Brought one in TOPS last year, cannot remember the brand but I remember thinking it didn't taste too good.

The only mince pies I have seen this year is in the food hall of Central World, 75 Baht each, I will make my own.

Sorry I have just noticed this is The Chiang Mai forum, clicked on the link from the main forum page, probably accounts for why I had never heard of Butter is Better.

Edited by theoldgit

livinlos

re ... Kinda thought rimping might have them but didnt see any in the airport side one

mince pies i didnt notice ... but xmas puddings / cakes etc in airport plaza rimping are on top of the new cabinet where they make all the in house ready to eat stuff 6 foot opposite the fresh meat counter

hope you find them ... dave2

I noticed yesterday that Marks and Spencer in Central World have some Christmas Puddings, they don't come cheap at about 1200 Baht each but as Christmas approaches they are selling some of their Christmas stock at 3 for 2, didn't have many puddings left.

Brought one in TOPS last year, cannot remember the brand but I remember thinking it didn't taste too good.

The only mince pies I have seen this year is in the food hall of Central World, 75 Baht each, I will make my own.

Sorry I have just noticed this is The Chiang Mai forum, clicked on the link from the main forum page, probably accounts for why I had never heard of Butter is Better.

Darn, you just got my hopes up !

Sadly our Chiang-Mai M&S, the one with the nice biscuits, closed a couple of years ago ! :huh::(:unsure:

livinlos

re ... Kinda thought rimping might have them but didnt see any in the airport side one

mince pies i didnt notice ... but xmas puddings / cakes etc in airport plaza rimping are on top of the new cabinet where they make all the in house ready to eat stuff 6 foot opposite the fresh meat counter

hope you find them ... dave2

Thanks for the endorsement. Right now, we have our hands full just trying to fulfill one order from one hotel. So until that's taken care of, we won't be offering any at our stores. It's a difficult dough to work with. Because it has things like almond powder and lemon rind in it, as well as butter and flour, it's very crumbly. (And yes, I know, traditionally mince pie dough was made with lard for shortening and only lard. With but one exception, all of the British and Australians we tested it on much preferred it made with butter. Some blend the two, but I don't get it. Not for a sweet thing) And we can't get the proper mince tart molds here in thailand. They are very shallow and much easier to work with given the crumbly nature of the dough. We'll try to have them by next year.

Anyway, if we don't exhausted our supply of mince in supplying the hotel, we will offer the rest to the public.

Sausage Bob has pudding and pies 0895562907

Thanks for the tip! Just called Sausage Bob and a christmas-pud-less night was avoided!

We always use Sausage Bob's Christmas Puddings and Mince Pies and always enjoy them.

for the record bob trades under the name Tower Bridge Foods and his products are in the Rimping - or call him on the number Thai Herb suggests

Sausage Bob has pudding and pies 0895562907

Thanks for the tip! Just called Sausage Bob and a christmas-pud-less night was avoided!

We always use Sausage Bob's Christmas Puddings and Mince Pies and always enjoy them.

for the record bob trades under the name Tower Bridge Foods and his products are in the Rimping - or call him on the number Thai Herb suggests

Thanks for the info. By the way, and off topic, I enjoyed the TV party at your establishment. It was the first time that I had been there and your staff was exceedingly professional and hospitable. I'll be returning to try your menu in the near future.