Import Used Parts

RCP

HI,

I want to send a Used BARE Motorcycle Frame into Thailand. I know I have to pay the Excise / duty taxes of 35 to 45 percent. Has anyone imported used parts into Thailand using FEDEX / UPS by air freight ? CAN FEDEX / UPS Provide customs service for clearing the used part.

Can anyone provide a shipping customs agent who can take care of getting the Frame into Thailand.

I have shipped in New Parts without Problem , I just payed the taxes .

THANKS

RCP

Yes, you can import it without to much hassle, but do you need it quickly. Import duty is paid including the freight charges, therefore big things like a frame is maybe better to send by regular freight (sea-freight). I imported a set of carbon wheels for my motorcycle and I can remember it was a huge difference on import tax between seafreight and airfreight.

With a motorcycle frame make sure that the frame number is noted on ever single paper you get from the customs office. You need this if you want to register the motorcycle you want to build with the frame.

HI,

Thanks for replying ! Were the wheels You had sent in New ? If You sent them from the USA what shipping company / customs service did You use ? This is the type of Information I am Looking for.

I have No Problem Paying Thai Customs their Taxes (35/45%). The Frame I bought it off of EBay in the USA and Paid for it with PayPal.

I have all of the receipts from Paypal,EBAY And the Place where I bought it from .

Again Thanks

RCP

Yes, you can import it without to much hassle, but do you need it quickly. Import duty is paid including the freight charges, therefore big things like a frame is maybe better to send by regular freight (sea-freight). I imported a set of carbon wheels for my motorcycle and I can remember it was a huge difference on import tax between seafreight and airfreight.

With a motorcycle frame make sure that the frame number is noted on ever single paper you get from the customs office. You need this if you want to register the motorcycle you want to build with the frame.

IMPORTING USED MOTORCYCLE FRAME

Can anyone provide a shipping / customs agent who can take care of getting a used Motorcycle Frame into Thailand ?

thanks

RCP

HI,

Thanks for replying ! Were the wheels You had sent in New ? If You sent them from the USA what shipping company / customs service did You use ? This is the type of Information I am Looking for.

I have No Problem Paying Thai Customs their Taxes (35/45%). The Frame I bought it off of EBay in the USA and Paid for it with PayPal.

I have all of the receipts from Paypal,EBAY And the Place where I bought it from .

Again Thanks

RCP

It will depend on where into Thailand surely.. I used an agent on Phuket over an engine and am so glad I did.. They 'pre negotiated' the fees and then once here the LTO was not happy with the paperwork.. This agent managed to go back and track down the customs agent who initially did the import and get them to correct the mistakes.

Without her that could have ended up a real costly mess.

HI LivinLOS !

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT .I have sent You a PM .

I am thinking of using one of the Name Brand Carriers Fedex / UPS . Fedex has delivered NEW PARTS to me before and They (Fedex)called Me once the parts arrived and said I needed to Pay X amount of Money for Taxes.

I need to get this sorted before I ship the frame as I won't be there when it arrives . I plan on sending it to Friend or Family in BKK.

Thanks

RCP

It will depend on where into Thailand surely.. I used an agent on Phuket over an engine and am so glad I did.. They 'pre negotiated' the fees and then once here the LTO was not happy with the paperwork.. This agent managed to go back and track down the customs agent who initially did the import and get them to correct the mistakes.

Without her that could have ended up a real costly mess.