New Job, New Work Permit, New Visa?

Hi people

I have a question about if you change job you have to change your work permit, but do you also have to make a new Non Imm B visa. I Read on the net that if you get a new work permit your non imm B gets automatically cancelled and you need to obtain a new one. But then again I read on other pages that you just need to inform the labor department about the changes and they issue a new, so the question is which one is true.

Thanks a lot

Mkstyle

Yes, you can ask for an extension of 1 week and try to get the new work permit within that week and when you have that a new 1 year extension. If you can't manage that, you will have to go abroad to get a new non-B visa.

Dear Mario2008 just to get it straight.

Are you saying that it is possible for me you go to the labor office with my old work permit and with all the necessary documents to get a new work permit without leaving the country for a new non imm B visa ?

Best regards

Mkstyle

No he is saying you can get 7 days by paying 1,900 baht and a new TM.7 but to get a new extension of stay for one year you would have to obtain a new work permit and full company paperwork to qualify for it. This is not likely to happen. About the only way I have heard of it being possible is if both companies are in agreement and in same labor office area and second company is added to the original work permit in advance. In most cases getting a new visa is the easier path.

Yes, you can ask for an extension of 1 week and try to get the new work permit within that week and when you have that a new 1 year extension. If you can't manage that, you will have to go abroad to get a new non-B visa.

Dear Mario2008 just to get it straight.

Are you saying that it is possible for me you go to the labor office with my old work permit and with all the necessary documents to get a new work permit without leaving the country for a new non imm B visa ?

Best regards

Mkstyle

In theroy, you can change over your WP to another company if properly arranged in advance, but from personal past experience even within the same labour office, its a lot easier to go and get a new Non-imm B. I

f you are on extension of stay and you have finshed work already the above is not an option, pay for 7 day extension on your permission to stay and book your air tickets to go and get another Non-imm B

I promise you its less hassle

Normally it is easier to just get a new non-B, but it also depends on your location and employer.

For a teacher it is often easier to get a WP, just as it is if you are going to work for a BOI-approved company and can use the one-stop service center. In short, it might be an option and inquire about it at the labour office if they can do it within 7 days. (In hich case your new employer should prepare the paperwork in advance). But as has been pointed out, in most cases it is not possible.