Where For Xmas Dinner On 25Th?

joe90

I am sure many of the bars in the road will have something, but it will probably need to be pre-booked.

Other local choices where you can probably turn up or book last minute without problem.... Dusit Hotel 650 per person, Le Meridian 1,999 per person, and of course there is also Dons at Doi Hang 299 a head (see the thread), also I am sure places like Ayes, and Wiang Inn Hotel should have some kind of offering also.

Good luck, I have my lunch booked, but a sick baby, and so I am hoping she will get better quickly and we can go, if not my love of turkey will probably find me fighting sunholidaysun for scraps from the bins next day :)

Merry Christmas to all.

I'm cooking Christmas dinner for the first time in ten years.

I drew the line at turkey, they're just too large for what will essentially be two farang diners.

I've settled for a chicken and a piece of pork.

The last time I sat down to a traditional Christmas dinner was in the Philippines in 2003, they make a big deal of it over there being Christians.

The treacherous Mrs bobbed up with a present for me yesterday which means I'll have sneak out today and get her something.

What do you buy the woman who has everything?

Those big flowering orchid pots from the garden places are pretty safe.

Merry Christmas to all.

The treacherous Mrs bobbed up with a present for me yesterday which means I'll have sneak out today and get her something.

What do you buy the woman who has everything?

Those big flowering orchid pots from the garden places are pretty safe.

What about this fantastic Nikon you been dreaming of for long time?

Merry Christmas !

:D:oB)

The wife and I were lucky enough to be invited to a friend's house for an enjoyable Christmas evening pig roast, shared by quite the gathering of really pleasant people. What a nice way to have a Christmas dinner, so far removed from the family Christmases of yesteryear. The host and hostess know how to put together a nice evening.

Perhaps it is my turn to host one next year.

Last minute change of plan for me. Ended up with Christmas in Sriburin hospital where my 18 month old baby was admitted on Christmas Eve with a digestive infection. Back home now thankfully, and starting to get back to normal, but my wife and I both started vomitting on Boxing Day and it looks like we picked up a bug either from the hospital or from the hospital food.

So Christmas in Sriburin, (or any hospital) NOT recommended.

Last minute change of plan for me. Ended up with Christmas in Sriburin hospital where my 18 month old baby was admitted on Christmas Eve with a digestive infection. Back home now thankfully, and starting to get back to normal, but my wife and I both started vomitting on Boxing Day and it looks like we picked up a bug either from the hospital or from the hospital food.

So Christmas in Sriburin, (or any hospital) NOT recommended.

All five of us had that bug a week ago. only lasts a day or two .

The wife and I were lucky enough to be invited to a friend's house for an enjoyable Christmas evening pig roast, shared by quite the gathering of really pleasant people. What a nice way to have a Christmas dinner, so far removed from the family Christmases of yesteryear. The host and hostess know how to put together a nice evening.

Perhaps it is my turn to host one next year.

The Pig didn't think it was a very good idea. But you are right it was a very enjoyable night.

post-11996-0-96906100-1293507932_thumb.j