A Lot Of Air Activity Today

thaitar

Pilots need to keep up their training. I guess being the end of the year the budget has a few extra flying hours which has to be used or they will get it taken out of next years allocation.

You have hit the nail on the head.

Could be they got word of a invasion.

We were at the airport mall this morning and police cars were lined up where there is usually songtels and Tuk Tuk's.

kinda like a second line of defense.

I thought the Burmese Air Force was going to land at the airport and invade the Mall to allegedly see some movies and do some shopping. With a side trip to McDonald's. Maybe I was mistaken.:D

Could be they got word of a invasion.

We were at the airport mall this morning and police cars were lined up where there is usually songtels and Tuk Tuk's.

kinda like a second line of defense.

I thought the Burmese Air Force was going to land at the airport and invade the Mall to allegedly see some movies and do some shopping. With a side trip to McDonald's. Maybe I was mistaken.:D

Maybe all the police and the noisy F-16's flying around today were there to catch them if they tried to leave the parking lot without turning in their little tickets.:lol:

I am speaking to you from the Cabinet Room at Bangkok.

This morning the Thai Ambassador in Cambodia handed the Cambodian Government a final note stating that, unless we hear from them by 11 o'clock that they were prepared at once to extradite Thaksin Shinawatra to Thailand, a state of war would exist between us.

I have to tell you that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is now at war with Cambodia.

I was at bigc hangdong a few days ago and in the car park they where real loud and that was only coming into land.

That's pretty amazing flying skills there, garyh! I thought the car park at BigC would have been a little too short to land an F16.

Unless they managed to get one of the Harriers operational again ? Coming soon, to a car-park or tennis-court, near you ! B)

I was at bigc hangdong a few days ago and in the car park they where real loud and that was only coming into land.

That's pretty amazing flying skills there, garyh! I thought the car park at BigC would have been a little too short to land an F16.

I said they where coming in to land, I did not say landing in the car park. Don't you know that bigc is right under the flight path?

Unless they managed to get one of the Harriers operational again ? Coming soon, to a car-park or tennis-court, near you ! B)

Most unlikely, Ricardo. I was working out of Utapao Air Base in Sattahip a few years ago, the fleet of ancient Harriers and a few even older A7 Corsairs were in a very sad state.

Most unlikely, Ricardo. I was working out of Utapao Air Base in Sattahip a few years ago, the fleet of ancient Harriers and a few even older A7 Corsairs were in a very sad state.

Yes, I understand that the RAF's last squadron was about to be de-activated, end of an era IMO. :(

Meanwhile, wonder if the RTAF have been chasing UFOs, Doi Suthep does look a little like that mountain in 'Close Encounters, from where we live ! :rolleyes: Cue the music, Dum di dum da Dddummmm ! :D

Merry Christmas, one and all ! B)

Edited by Ricardo

24.gif24.gif24.gif113.gif and who said the aussies didn't have a sense of humour :D .

I said they where coming in to land, I did not say landing in the car park. Don't you know that bigc is right under the flight path?

Even funnier when the poster doesn't see the funny side of it :D perhaps he needs to improve his grammar :o.

This morning the Thai Ambassador in Cambodia handed the Cambodian Government a final note stating that, unless we hear from them by 11 o'clock that they were prepared at once to extradite Thaksin Shinawatra to Thailand, a state of war would exist between us.

I have to tell you that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is now at war with Cambodia.

Need to add in the Churchill slurs - Never in hishtory of human conflict hash show many owed show much on their credit cardsh.

Need to add in the Churchill slurs - Never in hishtory of human conflict hash show many owed show much on their credit cardsh.

Or his famous quote for all the ever hopeful drunk toursists in Thai bars...."It will be long, it will be hard, but there will be no withdrawal.

102 or 103 Fighter Squadron [ F16A/B's] from Korat Airforce Base are here doing manouvres.

They move around the country often for terrain and airfield familiarisation training. Quiet a normal practice for any airforce really. :ph34r:

Edited by coma

LOL :whistling:

coma.

re ... F16A/B's

is this one ? ... thats what was flying round here yesterday

dave2

L-39 Albatros trainers.. Those buzz around here just about every day. Wing 41 exercises. Not nearly as noisy as the F-16's when they come around.