Indonesia's Surabaya airport to upgrade passenger capacity

News_Editor

Indonesia's Surabaya airport to upgrade passenger capacity

2010-12-23 11:46:52 GMT+7 (ICT)

SURABAYA, INDONESIA (BNO NEWS) -- Indonesia's second largest airport, Juanda Airport in Surabaya of East Java, is planning to upgrade and increase its passenger capacity, according to news reports on Thursday.

Indonesia's state-controlled airport operator PT Angkasa Pura I said the terminal will be designed to receive around four million passengers on an annual basis, which would cost around Rp 400 billion (US$ 44.4 million)

"The terminal will be called Terminal 2 will have a size of 35,000 square meters. It will be able to accommodate four million passengers annually," Angkasa Pura I corporate secretary Miduk Situmorang was cited by the Jakarta Post as saying, adding that the construction project would take around 11 months to complete.

PT Angkasa Pura I said it is still awaiting the proper permits for the rebuilding.

Juanda Airport's Terminal I, which was opened in 2006, is expected to receive around 11.9 million passengers in the current year, which is well over its 6.5 million capacity.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-12-23