German Man Was Robbed In Nong Khai And Needs Help

zhaffsky

That'll teach people to just give the 1000 baht - instead of losing the money, bag, other valuables AND get a big hole in the head...

If he handed over 1000 bht he still would have lost his stuff and they would know where the cash was.

Sometimes life is shit but l wouldn't hand over cash either, regardless. :(.

That'll teach people to just give the 1000 baht - instead of losing the money, bag, other valuables AND get a big hole in the head...

If he handed over 1000 bht he still would have lost his stuff and they would know where the cash was.

Sometimes life is shit but l wouldn't hand over cash either, regardless. :(.

I agree with you transam and TAWP's statement is really pathetic.

Source ????????????????

The info is taken from Russian-speaking forum. I've provided the link initially but it was removed by moderator.

The author of original article met this German guy yesterday and claims that he is in bad state and could use some help.

There is an address of the photos where to find him of you want help.

Edited by zhaffsky

A couple of replies in all caps were removed from view. Remember a reply in all caps is the same as SHOUTING and is not necessary.

Some general guidelines for posting:

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Thanks!

These street gangs operate only in the middle of the night. Local guys here claim they come from Laos. There are more victims as mentioned here. Not only in NK, I heared same stories about Udon. Police knows about it but has no men in the streets at night. Sh.. happens so stay at home or get home early. I live here almost 9 years and never had any problem.

Edited by Prajak

These street gangs operate only in the middle of the night. Local guys here claim they come from Laos. There are more victims as mentioned here. Not only in NK, I heared same stories about Udon. Police knows about it but has no men in the streets at night. Sh.. happens so stay at home or get home early. I live here almost 9 years and never had any problem.

well spoke Prajak, its a very sorry world we live in, but caution is always the best way!! and i have never seen so many tuk tuks per head as in NongKhai?

oh the 'LAOS' angle is bull...t! by the way!

happy Xmas

The source is an Udon forum, ask google for Nongkhai soi Bihom..... This soi Bihom region is close to the Mutmee GH and behind the city hospital, a dark area and very silent at night since there live no farang and the local people go to bed early. The soi leading to Mutmee is usually crowded and safe but not in the middle of the night. The Lao connection: I heard this from farang here after an other farang had been robbed close to the Danish Baker, also in the middle of the night. After 22 H you find no tuktuk's unless you are very lucky. Taxi's in NK ? Not available.....

The Tourist Police post is a sub from Udon and not open every day. Driving around to protect farang is not their job, they just act if you call 1155. Protection should come from the city police but they have no money, not even for gasoline.....

Things happen. I will ask the large German community tomorrow about it. Maybe they did provide some help.

A fellow Dutchman had the same problem in Bangkok at 09 h in the morning. Two transvestites or transsexuals hit him on the head and did not rob him since they thought he was dead...they run away. He had severe wounds on his head and face. He recovers slowly.

I personally think it is wiser just to hand over what they want.  Better to be a live fool than a dead one.  You never know what weapons they have on them, or whether they are on drugs.   Doesnt matter how big or mean a farang you are, if they are armed, they are dangerous.  Maybe also wiser not to carry credit cards and large amounts on you late at night.   If I was attacked by street robbers in London, Uk, i would certainly give them anything they wanted or I would probably be stabbed and beaten.  But i would very rarely be in that situation.    

German Embassy Emergency number:

Urgent emergency, you can reach the message at the telephone number 02-287-9000.

In dringenden Notfällen können Sie die Botschaft unter der Telefonnummer 02-287-9000 erreichen.

I never have passport and cr card with me but they can take keys and atm card and mobile phone and driving license and business cards and than they know where you live. Without keys you can not enter your house or shut down the burglar alarm. It is nasty that these things occur but in Thailand it still is less than in other countries. So I try to stay out of trouble and I live way out of town in a quiet village where nothing ever happens. Touch wood !

I never have passport and cr card with me but they can take keys and atm card and mobile phone and driving license and business cards and than they know where you live. Without keys you can not enter your house or shut down the burglar alarm. It is nasty that these things occur but in Thailand it still is less than in other countries. So I try to stay out of trouble and I live way out of town in a quiet village where nothing ever happens. Touch wood !

you can probably touch alot of wood where you are then?

Has this story been authenticated ? its been running all day and a few weak links but no confirmation? Anyone know this guy? do the local police know or even care?

Sorry just a few queries, i know the foto looks bad, but..?

I hope I can tell more tomorrow. I gave the photo to a German and he will try to find out. The only thing I heared today is that a German had been drinking Lao Kao in a Thai pub and could not or had no intention to pay. And than..... But may be that's an other guy. The photo was unknown for my source.

Fact is that two English speaking farang have been robbed lately in the middle of the night close to the Danish Baker pub; a gang of youngsters with sticks.... Confirmation ? Reliable people here.

I let you know.

thanks Prajak, now enjoy your xmas day! lets hope this sort of thing doesn't happen too often and if its a recurring thing then maybe we need to start a 'be more aware' group ! and suggest the local 'sleepy' police force! and local government become very aware of what the implications are with this sort of publicity ! for local businesses! T.I.T. i know !

Kevin

The real story ? I hope so. Source: the man himself, the victim. He came to me when I finished shopping close to the Kasikorn bank at Meechai road. He asked for money in English. I refused again in German.

I explain this. Nobody recognised this man since he shaved his head, may be due to the wound. This man is walking around in Nongkhai for months and is asking money from farang. Usually with the words “alles pleite” which is German and means “everything lost”. Then you get the story; being robbed, CEO of a company in Pattaya, no telephone, no money for food, etc etc. Some people give money and later you see him intoxicated (booze…) in town. On the internet I met messages about him from Chayaphum and Sakon Nakhon. He obviously likes free drinks !

He explained to me that he has a regular income from Germany and that he rents a house in the regio called Wat Bohin. That region is situated behind a big shop called Cockpit at the main road to Udon. Many streets there bear the name Bohin and yes, it is not crowded at 02 h in the night…. He was robbed by two masked guys.

He claims that he is much better now. The wound looks clean but is large….

I gave him the advice to look for help in the German community but he says all Germans here are @@@holes. Well, I met a few Germans and they think the same about him….

In a few forums people said that the region around Mutmee guesthouse is involved. That is not so. It is also dark there, yes…..