Ps3 From Us Won'T Load Games

floridaguy

Hi all, my son brought his PS3 from the US here to Thailand and it will not load any games. These are official DVD and Blueray games that worked just fine in the US, but when he got here, they won't even show up on the screen when he loads them into the machine. This is an unmodified PS3, and it is the original model, I bought it when it first came onto the market. It will play the demos that he has saved on the HDD, but no games. He updated to the most recent version online here.

Is there a setting somewhere I am missing? I have the time zone set to Bangkok. Is it the TV? I use an HDMI cable, output is 1080P. The screen looks normal as before.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

There were problems with the original PS3 models that involved failure of the laser.

I had to get the laser in of mine replaced about a year ago. Does it play any other discs? Movies? mp3?

I'll try and find the name/address of the place I took it to. It's in Bangkok, as that is where I live.

There were problems with the original PS3 models that involved failure of the laser.

I had to get the laser in of mine replaced about a year ago. Does it play any other discs? Movies? mp3?

I'll try and find the name/address of the place I took it to. It's in Bangkok, as that is where I live.

It won't play anything now, or maybe I didn't know that it won't play the demo's that he has saved on the HDD. I popped in a movie and it won't play. It just doesn't recognize the discs, they don't even show as loaded. I live in Bangkok as well, so any place here in town would be great. Thanks.

It won't play anything now, or maybe I didn't know that it won't play the demo's that he has saved on the HDD. I popped in a movie and it won't play. It just doesn't recognize the discs, they don't even show as loaded. I live in Bangkok as well, so any place here in town would be great. Thanks.

The repair place I mentioned was the Nadz project at:

http://www.nadzproject.com/product_125943_en

good luck.