Why Are You In Thailand?

Hans Brix

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That feeling you have when your on holiday, but living that same feling every day... sunshine, and......my much maligned relationship with a Thai lady.

But especially affordable housing :o  :D  :D

my place....

plot17.jpg

I thought the missus had hoofed you out and moved the village in?

Nice house, legally yours or hers? Legally, I would guess there is no ours with farangs.

Where is that Pattaya? How are the schools and neighbors?

Nice house, legally yours or hers?  Legally, I would guess there is no ours with farangs.

its under a "Thai" company, If I lose the house it will because the government have <deleted>***d me.

I've already had 37 years of that though, coming from England an all :o

Pattaya? cant knock it, pure genius, world biggest brothel, and there's a beach too. cant wait for my Christmas holidays :D

That feeling you have when your on holiday, but living that same feling every day... sunshine, and......my much maligned relationship with a Thai lady.

But especially affordable housing :D  :D  :D

my place....

plot17.jpg

I thought the missus had hoofed you out and moved the village in?

Nice house, legally yours or hers? Legally, I would guess there is no ours with farangs.

Read Thaipwriters post "Nothing in my name"- General Topics, Khun Larry. The house is bought in a company name and is in Khon Kaen. Everything else about Thaipwriters life is in that post as well. :o

I am here because 12 years ago my company sent me here for a couple of months whch is when I first met my Thai lady. They sent me back after a year and I stayed fo about 4 years. Now we have been married 5 years and have a 1 year old ankle (now up to the knees) biter.

We live outside of a village in the the North and it is the best thing that has happened to me in my life.

This is my wife's house as the house land etc is all in her name.

post-5614-1124816243_thumb.jpg

I am here because 12 years ago my company sent me here for a couple of months whch is when I first met my Thai lady. They sent me back after a year and I stayed fo about 4 years. Now we have been married 5 years and have a 1 year old ankle (now up to the knees) biter.

We live outside of a village in the the North and it is the best thing that has happened to me in my life.

blimey billd, that is one eck of a mast you got there, are you trying to contact life on another planet :o lovely house by the way

blimey billd, that is one eck of a mast you got there, are you trying to contact life on another planet :o lovely house by the way

It was the only way we could get 2 1/2 channels of Thai TV. The 1/2 channel ghosted so if my wife wanted to watch it the TV engineer (me) had to go outside and turn the pole and communicate with 'er indoors in the traditional manner (shouts of left, right or OK).

Of course when she wanted another channel I had to go outside and etc, etc.

Now I am working in Pakistan, this month she got a 2 metre sat TV dish put in and I hope that has got a motor as I am buggered if I am going to shift that a couple of millimetres at a time. I will find out what that is like when I get home.

My wife got a friend to design the house and she spent about a year on site with the builders making sure she got what she wanted. It is good inside as well. The bottom half is brick built and the top is teak salvaged from an old house she used to own.

you want to know the truth? ok, in my previous life, my wife of 7 years ran off with another guy. she broke my heart to the point where I was ready to commit suicide.

while contemplating how to do it, I came across an article in a local magazine that advertised you could meet your soulmate in thailand. I thought about it, and decided to come over for a "vacation" before shutting out the lights.

during that first trip, I had so much fun that I decided to cancel my plans to leave this planet.

in the early days of living here, I used to "date" a lot. but that got old quick. nowadays, I'm just happy to be alive, and living a life that doesn't require a lot of money.

...and best of all, I don't work.

am I bitter about my ex-wife? no, after a few hundred relationships here in thailand, I've learned that this is just life. and I am very lucky to have learned that.

frankly, I still love my ex-wife. we've had some happy memories together. I wish her all the best. ...but you have got to move on.

I'm here cause I found a nice sweet lady and I can't bear to be away from her. What's your real reason. Be honest

I was born here in Siriraj Hospital, used to swim in the Chao Phraya river 30 years ago. :o I have traveled and lived many places around the world. But, my fondest memories have always been Thailand. Yes, there is the crimes, corruptions, pollutions, traffics, sex & drugs! But, I have learned during my travels is that, you can get all of these problems anywhere else in the world too. But, only in Thailand where you can find the best SOM TUM! :D

That is why, I am ready to sell my house in the states, with the sale, and an early retirement package, I will retire in the LOS at the merry old age of 37! :D

My first trip to Thailand was when I was 17. I went with about ten lads from round are way and spent two weeks on the piss non-stop in Pattaya. It completely bleww my head off!!!

After that came back the next year for a month and bassically did extactly the same :o

My last trip was for six months working in Bangkok. I calmed down a bit this time though, pheww.

During this time I met my G/f who keeps me on the straight and narrow and we are now trying to get her a visa for UK :D

Rj

Hello all, The Dude Here. I would like to answer the OP's question here with all of the candor that one would expect from me. After all, he did specify that he wanted the truth so I will so give that to him and all of you. I arrived here 3 yrs ago and save visa runs I have remained here and not strayed from my original goals I had when I left the USA. I came here with one purpose in mind; I came with the sole pupose of having the most monumentally massive shag fest that a human vould have. I continue on this path daily. Thank you for reading

Hello all, The Dude Here. I would like to answer the OP's question here with all of the candor that one would expect from me. After all, he did specify that he wanted the truth so I will so give that to him and all of you. I arrived here 3 yrs ago and save visa runs I have remained here and not strayed from my original goals I had when I left the USA. I came here with one purpose in mind; I came with the sole pupose of having the most monumentally massive shag fest that a human vould have. I continue on this path daily. Thank you for reading

Nice.

keep safe

good man dude, your the first guy who has admitted it! :D

plenty have skimmed around the issue myself included!! :o

I came here with one purpose in mind; I came with the sole pupose of having the most monumentally massive shag fest that a human vould have. I continue on this path daily. Thank you for reading

Another "value-added", compassionate and thoughtful, and incisively deep post from The Dude. :o

Please tell me you've got a great job with a good package!

My wife is Thai, I then learnt the benefits of a Thai lifestyle and how much it suited my ideals.

Ideals? So you like to lie, cheat, rip people off and sleep all day then?

Not at all DavieA, you didn't mention drink everyday and beat my wife, keep a mia noi, and spend all our money gambling. :o:D

For those interested, the "Ideals" I am talking about is the family first, the respect for the elders (Things we left behind long ago). The lifestyle is what I love about my life in Thailand, the relaxed homelife etc etc.

Lets keep it positive if we can please folks.

Sincerely sorry to all I offended.....am going through one of those "I hate Thailand stages at the moment"...Must have my period ..I'll get over it soon.

I came to begin a fresh career. Try my hand at being a teacher.

Truly nothing to be sorry for, I believe we all have times we hate it here, as we would anywhere else.

What brought me here originally was adventure and I had three weeks of it in Pattaya and had fun. But the other thing thAt happened was I began to wonder what the real Thailand was like. Next trip w to Udon, actually Si Chaing Mia where i had the little sweety from Pattaya stored fro a fwe months till I got back.

Stayed three months in Udon and tought to myself I bet I could live OK here on my retirement instead of the work grind.

Left for 18 months, the pattaya sweety went back to the bars, such are life in Issan.

Came back for five months I had already had my retirement for six years, but was still working giving the money tothe loving children. I did some serious calculation one day realized that I had the same amount of money in the bank that I had, on my first trip to Pattaya. Now I was knocking down between my retirement and working about 150K a year. Working six days a week spending the other day getting ready fro the work week.

I was dating and doing ok in the states, but the darndest thing happened I was dating grandmothers all of sudden. Oh Ya that' right I was a grandfather, wonder how that happened.

In that process I realized I was fighting a never ending battle that I would never win. I didn't know if I was going to be happy here, but I had a chance.

So I stayed has it been easy no not alway, but I do have finacial freedom within reason.

I really wonder what this country was like years ago, sometime I'm tempted to find out. I think Loa would provide that opportunity. But I haven't got the courage to try it yet.

Sex and such more and more people that I have met are going to PHilippines and other places for that experience. But for daily living they still call Thailand home.

I'm here because I have more freedom to live the way I want here then anywhere else I have been. The retirement is the key it is more then enough here.

came to Asia in 1994 for business and visited Thailand since 1999.

Employer offered me a 3 year contract, I accepted, found a nice lady (after 1 year, we are still together) employer wanted to move me to other regions, I didnot accept, left the company, found another job in Thailand with foreign company, got an open contract and am still here........ to stay

Love the people, the food, the weather, the beach actually like it all

:o

Was working as a Corporate Financier in London for 5 years. Decided to travel for 2 years (a woman travelling alone learns alot) and ended uphaving my appendix out whilst visiting a friend who was on a 2 week holiday in Phuket. Had already visited Koh Phangan and loved it so decided to convalesce there - ended up staying for 4 months and meet an indigenous Thai man - been with him ever since - nearly 8 years. So the easy answer is love. :o