Chiang Rai Flower Festival. 25.12.2010.

brianmarinus

As with events like this in general, it is more fun to go with others. Much of the enjoyment comes from people watching or hamming it up for the camera.

I took my wife and our house guest. Most of my enjoyment came from the two of them and the fun they had. Ended up with 150+ pictures, memories, a blog post, fodder for Facebook and a few emails.

Throw in some food and a sunset and you have a very good time indeed. :)

VF, I was particularly impressed with the second photo of the "Back of the Head Show" that you attended before you moved on to the flower festival.laugh.gif

I call that a mood shot or an atmosphere shot. ;) You will notice that I did not include any pictures of yours truly, or the wife and her friend, hamming it up for the camera. That stuff is relocated to Facebook. :)

I don't doubt the handsome fellow with the hanky on his head is lannaman...

And could that be Mrs L raising two fingers to the world?

Lovely photos, and a happy new year to all at Baan lannaman.

Wrong! Although the tweddle dee lady was lovely and cuddly, Mrs. Lman is the busy cooking lady churning out barbied pork and pig's innards to the hungry flower-goers near the Otop area. She claims, "KaiDee" which might be just true as Lman has not been tapped up for any dosh since the fest started!

Yes, that's Lman who forgot his hat, big hankies have many uses.

Though the flower festival was as nice as ever I was very disappointed with the state of the pathways.

It was very difficult to negotiate a childs buggy and I saw 2 people in wheelchairs who were strugging to get around even though they had family pushing them.

post-94292-0-56305900-1294040849_thumb.jpost-94292-0-69780700-1294041183_thumb.jpost-94292-0-15274900-1294041243_thumb.j