Where To Find Yamaha Parts For Old Bike ?

svenivan

Hi guys, I am sitting up in Chiang Rai and try to get some new life in an old Yamaha XJ650.

The bike is up running but it is not OK. I need for the carburators float gaskets, float needles and seats, probably a couple of carb floats.

I have found some in Ebay but all in US and with shipping costs like 20 US for 1 small packet I hope to find the same here in Thailand.

I also have a problem to find out what model it is because it was not originally sold in US or UK and all the tables that convert an engine nbr to model are only for these markets.

The book is not telling anything about the model.

My engine/frame nbr is 4L6-0012xx. Probably sold in Japan or Australia. Is there someone that knows how to translate this nbr into the right model?

They made 4-5 models of the XJ650 during 1980-1986 and they had different carburators.

Thanks in advance for your help !

:D:):D

This site has saved me when doing older bike jobs.. Not cheap but at least they are there..

http://www.cmsnl.com...650_model16829/

Sven,

I agree with LLOS, i have used them for lots of parts and found them very good and if you ask them nicely they will mark the parcel as a gift :unsure:

Thank you guys,

I could not find the parts I need there. But I can find them on Ebay so I just ordered 4 sets of Carb Kits (gaskets, float needles and seat assemblies). Not too expensive, 62US including shipping. But it will take 4-7 weeks before they arrive here in Chiang Rai and that was what I tried to avoid by buying here in Thailand.

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

:D:):D