Crackdown On A Visa Service In Bangkok

Police crack down thaivisaservice last week, Claudio was arrested at On Nut Tesco Lotus. Apparently he was released on bail, but he had to take all his pictures, names, job title and mobile number off his website.

I was there during his arrest, I had to travel to the border the following day instead, but I lost the 2nd entry of my tourist visa.

So perhaps a mod (i.e. trustworthy staff member of the forum) should call and talk to him.

Side-note: Even IF he was arrested at one point I doubt it would have anything to do with his service per se, i.e. about VISA's etc. More likely skipping out on taxes etc.

Not sure what 'crackdown' the OP could even point towards...on what?

If it just wasn't a case of not having a WP for his business...as the OP mentions that Claudio removed personal info from the site...

OP, please inform us?

Edited by TAWP

What is the point of OP to post this?

Is he angry that he lost his second entry?

If that is the case the OP can talk to the owner of Sawasdee Transport Service Co.,Ltd, Khun Amornrat.

The company is a legal, Thai owned company which has provided this service under "thaivisaservice".

Claudio can still be contacted , his wife K. Amronrat is taking care of the customer at ON NUT.

"What is the point of OP to post this?

Is he angry that he lost his second entry?"

To me, he didn't came across as angry, even though he might have reason to be.

I would be, if someone I was doing business with caused me problems because they were doing something the police got involved with.

Do you think if he talks to Khun A that he'll get his 2nd TV reinstated?

"Sawasdee Transport Service Co.,Ltd,

The company is a legal, Thai owned company which has provided this service under "thaivisaservice"."

What service did they provide the OP on that day?

V...R..., you sound more upset than the OP, who was informing people of something that happened. Lots of people are interested in stuff like this. Do you think it would be better to sweep this under the rug, and pretend it didn't happen?

I would assume that dozends of places/companies/pubs/bars/schools are inspected by Authorities every day

and we never hear of the result or what hardship they cause.

If OP lost his second entry I believe this company will take responsibility and offer a "free" trip to obtain another Tourist Visa ,obviously no one can assist in getting the second/expired entry activated.

<SNIPPED>

The service has always seemed a step more shady than other similar ones, but...

Even though the illustrious poser <sic> poster known as TAWP has said the service in question is “shady”, in perusing their site they seem right in line service wise and price wise with the plethora of other wisa run services offered in Bangkok, Jack’s Golf, Quick Thai Visa Run, etc. (To name a few, errr really only two).

Could the poster in question elaborate on his definition of “shady”? I mean after all he’s posted over 7500 tines in 5 years!

Oh, that’s right a MOD already said stick to FACTUAL things.

Note to ‘TAWP’ I guess what I asked is a rhetorical question, (that means an answer is neither required nor wanted).

FWIW: I’ve sent MANY people to Claudio, just like I have sent MANY people to other visa run services and NEVER EVER had a complaint from any of them.

And now back to the pissing match already in progress. ..

Here is what tod-daniels said on 25-Dec-2010, a few days ago.

"I didn't know the company but a quick Google found it. When I called, HE (as in the Claudio referenced in the O/P's post) answered the business’s mobile number. When I mentioned it was on Thai Visa that he'd been arrested he laughed out loud.

Anyway, it took all of 10 seconds on Google and a 3 baht mobile call to prove this post abso-tively, posi-lutely wrong."

Have been with Claudio before, found him a great guy and also cheerful, helps that we both speak English and German.

I have also recommended his services to friends who have never had any problems, in fact one of my friends had a 2 year overstay, a new British passport with no stamps, and Claudio and his staff sorted him out.

Claudio is one of the nicest guys. His service is absolutely perfect and all friends I sent him are more than happy.

I couldnt agree more with you. I actually first met Claudio some years back when he first started in this business. I have had the pleasure of using his service a couple of times & if required in the future would also use him as my first choice. I cannot fault the service he & his company have provided.

Claudio has always been polite, considerate & willing to help with just about any issue he can whenever I have observed him.

For those of you that don't yet realise, Thailand can be a very very fickle place. You can be doing something one way for a number of years without a word being mentioned and then all of a sudden someone somewhere gets their nose out of joint or decides they don't like what you're doing and then they take the necessary steps to interrupt that. Its as simple as that.

I am not affiliated with this company or Claudio in any way, however I think its highly inappropriate to make statements about someone on a public forum as has been said here by one poster. Shame on you.

Here is what tod-daniels said on 25-Dec-2010, a few days ago.

"I didn't know the company but a quick Google found it. <SNIPPED>

Actually that's exactly what I posted on the now closed other thread.

However I couldn't go back and edit my post as that thread was closed by a mod about a minute later.

So yes, I posted in error.

Thanx "Baht" for your meticulous policing of my posting penchants :whistling: . I stand humbly 'erected'. :huh:

Now does anyone actually have any current info on what exactly happened, or how Claudio apparently ran amuck?

So far there seems to have been a check by police, but the service is still running and there for presumed to be legitimate. It has also been stated that people affected by the by the police check can ontact the company.

I see no further reason to discus this or to give someone a bad name.

CLOSED.