Marrying A Cambodian In Thailand

pisico

I met a Cambodian lady and we both have the desire to marry. She has a resident visa and work permit. I am US citizen and have a type B visa and we both live in Bangkok. We are trying to decide the best option: to marry in Thailand or to marry in Cambodia?<br />To do it in USA is not a mystery, it is expedient and devoid of red tape. The considerations against it are the cost of the air fare and my future wife's work which requires her to be in Bangkok.<br />Can anyone advise me about the requirements to marry a Cambodian national in Thailand?<br />Much appreciated your input<br />Pisico<br /><br />A happy and healthy 2011 for all the members and administrators of Thai Visa!

Edited by pisico

Non-Thais wishing to marry in Thailand need to complete an affirmation of freedom to marry and have it notarised at their embassy.

You then have it translated into Thai and the translation certified by the MFA, after which you can register your marriage at any ampur.

For the procedure at the American embassy, see Marriage in Thailand; I can't find a website for the Cambodian embassy, I'm afraid.

<br />Non-Thais wishing to marry in Thailand need to complete an affirmation of freedom to marry and have it notarised at their embassy.<br /><br />You then have it translated into Thai and the translation certified by the MFA, after which you can register your marriage at any ampur.<br /><br />For the procedure at the American embassy, see <a href='http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/marriage.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Marriage in Thailand</a>; I can't find a website for the Cambodian embassy, I'm afraid.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Kob khun khap

Your information has eased my mind and given us a good bearing to follow.

If you are in Thailand when we marry, we will invite you to our ceremony.

Thanks again!

Pisico and Nary