All Is An Illusion, Same, Not Real?

yellow1red1

One could argue that the hardware failure might be due to the fruits of kharma but once it occurs one can say two things:

• One may may no longer be responsible for their actions.
  • One may not have the equipment to climb out of their delusions.

Something that can't be said for healthy humans who have normal domestic illusion.

A few personal ideas:

The word "meditation" comes from the same root as "medicine".

We have deep inside a natural healing power which is often overseen in our mechanical world. Chemical medicines work rather superficial, only on the fysical side, they work in an unconscious way, do not raise the awareness of what is happening and why.

Meditation enlarges the awareness and goes idealiter to the roots of the problems so that you can understand what is happening and why.

With chemical medicines the responsibility for as well the illness as the healing is put in the hands of others, with meditation you take the responsibility yourself for as well illness and healing.

We have deep inside a natural healing power which is often overseen in our mechanical world. Chemical medicines work rather superficial, only on the fysical side, they work in an unconscious way, do not raise the awareness of what is happening and why.

Meditation enlarges the awareness and goes idealiter to the roots of the problems so that you can understand what is happening and why.

With chemical medicines the responsibility for as well the illness as the healing is put in the hands of others, with meditation you take the responsibility yourself for as well illness and healing.

I agree.

If ones illness is due to stress or negative thought bringing about chemical imbalances in the body/brain then meditation is very powerful in bringing about a restoration of balance.

If one has mental abnormalities, brought about by genetic influence or permanent damage, then the meditater may not be able to bring in to focus or discern what they experience in order to generate healing.

Edited by rockyysdt

The only REAL reality, nirvana, has nothing to do with the 5 senses, though. Anything of the 5 senses is illusion, eh?

The only way to know physical reality is through the sense doors, which still function in nibbana for a living person. But I see what you're getting at. It's not that perception is illusion, it's interpretation of perception, just as in your example of madness/mental disturbance. What we think of as 'normal' perception may be functional - as opposed to someone with classic mental illness - but it's incomplete.

The world is real; our interpretation of the world may not be. The mind is mired in delusion, not the world.

Delusion, yes, from what Camerata and Xangsu said. It's very easy for to how others are deluded. UNreal, the ones who should 'get a life', not so easy to our own blinders and bent lenses,

When I see those monks say 'all is an illusion' I will think English is their 2nd language and they mean 'all is a delusion'.

Oh, my friend, she is getting some help from reading about Jon Kabat-Zinn. I have watched a couple of his you tubes. very smart guy.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know Szasz was still alive and kicking. He is now 89 years old. I listened to a radiointerview in 2009 which you can listen to via this link:

http://www.abc.net.a...009/2530830.htm

Szasz has to say some interesting things about the mind which come close to the Buddhist conceptions.

Szasz remains a controversial figure. The discussions have not changed that much since the sixties, allthough I think he is somewhat more accepted now reading the reactions on his radiointerview in 2009:

http://blogs.abc.net...s-szasz-sp.html

• 2 weeks later...