Is Chiang Mai Immigration Closed ?

mypet

Chiang Mai Immigration is closed for the New Years holiday from December 31 and will reopen on January 4.

Confirm: I was there early this week and observed a sign saying that it would be closed today as well as Monday. Explains why Thais were out in force in restaurants last night. Not that an old hand such as GL requires confirmation, but I've read it suggested that there are skeptics who are forum members!

Chiang Mai Immigration is closed for the New Years holiday from December 31 and will reopen on January 4.

Confirm: I was there early this week and observed a sign saying that it would be closed today as well as Monday. Explains why Thais were out in force in restaurants last night. Not that an old hand such as GL requires confirmation, but I've read it suggested that there are skeptics who are forum members!

Really?? I would never guess that.:lol:

Monday 3 January is marked as an official holiday on my Thai calender, so my guess would be that it will not be open until Tuesday.

I don't often agree with ulysses but on this he is right.

TV is a great source of information but sometimes the questions asked on the forums suggest that the posters are a bit out of touch with what is going on around them. Not much integrating or attempts at multiculturalism going on in some quarters.

Confirm also. I was there this week as well. Here is a pic of the previously mentioned sign stating they would be closed :)

-Mestizo

• 2 weeks later...

Monday 3 January is marked as an official holiday on my Thai calender, so my guess would be that it will not be open until Tuesday.

I don't often agree with ulysses but on this he is right.

TV is a great source of information but sometimes the questions asked on the forums suggest that the posters are a bit out of touch with what is going on around them. Not much integrating or attempts at multiculturalism going on in some quarters.

Amen!