Thailand Internet Banking: Another Sad Joke ?

Butterfly

So you thought waiting in long lines in Thai Banks was frustrating and bad enough

But wait, you haven't tried their Internet Banking :D

I have been trying to use SCB Easy Internet Banking. It has been a lot of fun so far.

1. First, signing up through the Internet doesn't work even though they claim you have to go there to signup

2. Signing up at the Branch was actually quite effective despite the long process and the usual waiting line. At least you get a login/password unlike the Internet signup

3. You can do pretty much what you do at the ATM points. You can refill your AIS One2Call directly, pay bills etc...

4. Sounds good so far, but this is only true when it works. This is what I have been getting so far in the last few times I signed on:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115'

Unexpected error

/errorpage/error.asp

A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01fb'

An exception occurred: 'Server.CreateObject'

D:\WEBROOT\CHANNELS\PC\PI\../../../modeasy/CONNECTDB.INC, line 29

For those who get a clue, this means they are running their front-end system on Windows 2000 with IIS and VisualBASIC :D

Could they be more "amateurish" ??? They are running a banking front-end, not some silly personal website :D

To make things worse, these errors have been there for quite a while. Have they ever heard of quality testing and system monitoring ?

Me worry too much ? :o

Edited by Butterfly

never had any problem .... with SCB easy banking

just singnup per net ...

print out the reciept ..

walk to any branch (in case they say only YOUR branch can do it just ignore it ;-)

identify yourself ....

and 5 hour later . everything work .. and your bankaccount are

binded to the signed up .. accunt there

quite easy ..

just ONE thing .

Opening hours at internetbanking .. hehehehehehhe

from 23:00 to 6:00 work nothing there .... exept a sweet "exuse message"

about closing time ...

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115'

Unexpected error

/errorpage/error.asp

A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01fb'

An exception occurred: 'Server.CreateObject'

D:\WEBROOT\CHANNELS\PC\PI\../../../modeasy/CONNECTDB.INC, line 29

For those who get a clue, this means they are running their front-end system on Windows 2000 with IIS and VisualBASIC

Could they be more "amateurish" ??? They are running a banking front-end, not some silly personal website :D

To make things worse, these errors have been there for quite a while. Have they ever heard of quality testing and system monitoring ?

Me worry too much ? :D

they used asp with vbscript in IIS....

when u run web applications in IIS(in case of win 2003, opposite in win xp) by default the friendly error messages(like the one above) are turned off....

normally ppl turn them on only for debuging the application....

strange....it seems like the page they had made to show error messages is the one which had the problem....

just lettin ppl know the directory structure n stuff is too risky....

i am sure if u try to fiddle around their servers n routers most would still heve the default passwords on :o:D:D

just like all my neighbours wifi routers i manage to connect to, all keep their default passwords....

strange.

just like all my neighbours wifi routers i manage to connect to, all keep their default passwords....

strange.

Note to self: change routeur password :o

do it fast before someone like me looses his ethics and changes it for you :-)

It's ok, I have DHCPd disabled and the network address class changed. There is not much you can do :D

SCB Internet banking....ok...I wanted to apply for my corporate account. no problem, they said, just bring this usual truckload of documents duely signed and stamped and of course the minutes of the shareholder meeting allowing me, the MD to open up that bank account. To make things easy, they give me a draft of the minutes with some blanks to fill in.

A month later I ask them if there are any news regarding my internet banking and they dig out that pile of paper, showing me their OWN form, telling me that they need the original. I said that this is what you gave me...yes...but the original....yes but this is from your bank........yes......but...cannot use......

no...I have no internet banking yet....

...and just today I tried to open up a second current account for my company to separate the cash flow there form other business I'm doing. At SCB you can have only ONE current account, but they may give me a corporate saving account without cheques (savings) and without ATM card (because corporate), so that account would help me f&% all.

Went to Krung Thai, everything ok until that Branch Manager reveals that they want to see my company's bank statements from the past 12 months.

Will open with Thai Farmer's tomorrow...

You might want to check the fine print on SCB internet banking before you use it. It used to be the case that you would have to pay for anything that goes wrong - eg. if their security happens to suck and your account gets ripped off, its your problem.

The Post carried a story this morning announcing that KTB will now be operating an international wire transfer service online. KTB? Good Lord. They can't even manage to get anything done right when you're standing in the bank looking at a person. The mind boggles as to how badly they can screw things up online.