90 Day Reporting

Wonder if anyone can help ?

My 90 day report will be due on the 10th of April, but I am off to Laos on the 13th of April

Can I do my 90 day report at the border at Nong Khai (as it is within the +/- 7 day window for reporting in person) ?

This is of course to save a trip to Chang Wattana for the sake of 3 days

Your help is as always appreciated

No. Just apply by registered mail in the 7 days before the due date.

procedure here:

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)
  2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM.6 (front and back)
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47
  5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
    Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to 90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
    IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
    120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
    LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Instead of 5 baht attach 10 baht.

Many thanks for the answer Mario, I am aware of reporting by post. But the person I am asking the question for, is one for always reporting in person

So he still hopes that it may be possible to do the reporting at Nong Khai immigration office ?

Since the 90 day address reporting clock resets once a person exits/reenters Thailand and the person is exiting the country within the 90 day +/- 7 day window, does this upcoming 90 day report even need to be done since the OP is exiting the country within 3 days of the 90 day reporting date? Or, is there something about about exiting the country if your are over the 90 day address reporting date?

Since the 90 day address reporting clock resets once a person exits/reenters Thailand and the person is exiting the country within the 90 day +/- 7 day window, does this upcoming 90 day report even need to be done since the OP is exiting the country within 3 days of the 90 day reporting date? Or, is there something about about exiting the country if your are over the 90 day address reporting date?

The fine is 200 bhat per day for each day over, up to immigration smile and wish them Happy New Year.

Do it by post and have no worries about it. I always address it in Thai.

กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง 1 (งานรับแจ้ง 90 วัน)

ศูนย์ราชการเฉลิมพระเกียรติ 80 พรรษา (อาคารบี. ชั้น 2)

120 ม.3 แจ้งวัฒนะ ซอย7

ถนนแจ้งวัฒนะ

แขวงทุ่งสองห้อง เขตหลักสี่

กรุงเทพฯ 10210

Edited by Cuchulainn

The fine is 2,000 Baht.

Do border checkpoints check to see if the person has done their latest 90 day address reporting or do they just check that your visa/extension of stay is still valid? Or both? Thanks.

"When" border crossing checkpoints do check the 90 day address reporting, what would be the trigger point they may apply a fine?

Would it be anything "over" 90 days, or anything "over" 97 days based on the +/- 7 day in-person reporting requirement? Maybe they treat it like when reporting my mail the report needs to arrive "no later than" the 90th day so it would be anything over 90 days?

I'm still unclear on what rule the border crossing/airport checkpoint would (or should) apply to issue a fine for an over due 90 day address report, when and if they check at the border/airport. Is it anything over 90 days or over 97 days?

Do it by post and have no worries about it. I always address it in Thai.

กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง 1 (งานรับแจ้ง 90 วัน)

ศูนย์ราชการเฉลิมพระเกียรติ 80 พรรษา (อาคารบี. ชั้น 2)

120 ม.3 แจ้งวัฒนะ ซอย7

ถนนแจ้งวัฒนะ

แขวงทุ่งสองห้อง เขตหลักสี่

กรุงเทพฯ 10210

Can you please tell me if you need to live in Bangkok to do it by mail...?

Thanck's

Edited by Mamasun

"When" border crossing checkpoints do check the 90 day address reporting, what would be the trigger point they may apply a fine?

Would it be anything "over" 90 days, or anything "over" 97 days based on the +/- 7 day in-person reporting requirement? Maybe they treat it like when reporting my mail the report needs to arrive "no later than" the 90th day so it would be anything over 90 days?

I'm still unclear on what rule the border crossing/airport checkpoint would (or should) apply to issue a fine for an over due 90 day address report, when and if they check at the border/airport. Is it anything over 90 days or over 97 days?

According to the notice stapled into my passport ...28.12.2010.

"The Alien permitted to stay longer in the Kingdom must notify your place of residence every 90 days".

It does not state + or - 7 days, therefore this plus or minus may be a local interpretation or allowance but is not stated as such and therefore I think it is fair to assume this is going to vary by the Office or Officer on the day as does so many other things in Thailand.

Personally, I would stick to the stated 90 days and NOT exceed it and then there can be no misunderstanding or question of allowable days can there, if you dont exceed it they have no where to go with any possible repercussions.

According to Immigration Act ACT B.E. 2522 SECTION 7 6 (part of the same notice)

"The Alien who fails to comply with will be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 baht and with an additional fine not exceeding 200 baht per day for each day the law is not complied with "

Hope this helps :)

Edited by CharlieH

Hiya,

You don't mention what kind of visa you now have in your passport. If you have a work permit with a year visa you have to get a re-entry visa. If you fail to do this your current status will be cancelled,and you will have to start the whole proccess again! I believe if you do this you will not have to report for 90 days upon re-entering.

Hope this helps.

B

"The Alien permitted to stay longer in the Kingdom must notify your place of residence every 90 days".

It does not state + or - 7 days, therefore this plus or minus may be a local interpretation or allowance but is not stated as such and therefore I think it is fair to assume this is going to vary by the Office or Officer on the day as does so many other things in Thailand.

Personally, I would stick to the stated 90 days and NOT exceed it and then there can be no misunderstanding or question of allowable days can there, if you dont exceed it they have no where to go with any possible repercussions.

According to Immigration Act ACT B.E. 2522 SECTION 7 6 (part of the same notice)

"The Alien who fails to comply with will be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 baht and with an additional fine not exceeding 200 baht per day for each day the law is not complied with "

Taken from the Immigration web site.

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Taken from the Immigration web site.

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Thanks to Litebeer for clarifying that,.......and once again there are no consistencies in Thailand........:)

The notice in my passport says nothing of the +_ 7 days but clearly the immigration website does.

TIT