Thai Consulate Hull Closed ?

For many years I have been using the Thai Consulate in Hull for my visas however I have just been trying there web site and it all seems to be linked with some strange company called Siam-Legal has the office in hull closed ?

My "O" class visa runs out on the 25th of January and I will be flying down to singapore on the 5th and returning on the 6th when I return is it possible to re enter Thailand on a standard 30 day Tourist Visa that will give me until the 5th of February at this stage I will be returning back to the Uk were I can apply for a replacement "O" Class .

So is the Thai Consulate in Hull still there ? If it has closed what others are there ?

Thanks

Sub101uk

It appears that Siam Legal are controlling everything now

Someone has paid someone a lot somewhere and got this deal.

Perhaps also the website has been blocked per ip from Thai servers but i doubt it

look at this wierd one

http://www.thai-cons...ulate-hull.html

check out the links on the menu tabs when you hover the mouse over them where they point to.

Edited by thailandfaq

It appears that Siam Legal are controlling everything now

Someone has paid someone a lot somewhere and got this deal.

Perhaps also the website has been blocked per ip from Thai servers but i doubt it

look at this wierd one

****BOGUS URL REMOVED****

check out the links on the menu tabs when you hover the mouse over them where they point to.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

That's a scam. Thai Legal have set up a URL similar to that of the Thai consulate, presumably in the hope of diverting folks to their 'service'.

The official TCH website was down but is up now at:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

Might I suggest the bogus TL URL be deleted from the preceding post to limit the damage..?

If I were the TCH I'd be seriously P'd O at this... :realangry:

Edited by phaethon

lol Phaethon beat me to it .

I agree the bogus url should be removed, @ £399 for a spouse visa I am sure that's too expensive, in fact I will find out soon enough as will be applying for one myself in Feb / March.

The link to the Hull consulate is www.thaiconsul-uk.com

Hope this helps

Edited by mickj88

Thanks Guys for all your feed back on The Hull Consulate being closed I have emailed them and await there return to work , Steave 187 regarding when I return to Thailand on the 6th the reason why I want to get a 30 day tourist visa is because my "O" visa runs out on the 25th of Jan so by getting a standard 30 day tourist visa I will be able to stay until the 5th of February thats if they will issue one , Yes I am flying to singapore so just wanted to confirm that I can get a 30 day visa when I re entry on the 6th .Thanks again for all the feed back Sub101uk

Edited by sub101uk

Thanks Guys for all your feed back on The Hull Consulate being closed I have emailed them and await there return to work , Steave 187 regarding when I return to Thailand on the 6th the reason why I want to get a 30 day tourist visa is because my "O" visa runs out on the 25th of Jan so by getting a standard 30 day tourist visa I will be able to stay until the 5th of February thats if they will issue one , Yes I am flying to singapore so just wanted to confirm that I can get a 30 day visa when I re entry on the 6th .Thanks again for all the feed back Sub101uk

WHY ? Bit confusing, you say 'my "O" visa runs out on the 25th of Jan'

As your flying back to UK to get another '0' Visa, you must have the multi entry 1 year visa ?

You say your Visa runs out on 25th Jan, all you need to do is a boarder run before this date to get the last 90 day stamp... or did your Visa run out in October ? and your on your last 90 days stay which runs out in Jan ?

Hi Ignis sorry for confusing you , I have a 12 month "O" visa in my passport issued from Hull on the 26th of January 2010 now I returned back into Thailand on the 28th of Oct 2010 which is due to expiry on the 25th of January 2011 .<br><br>After the 25th the "O" class visa in my passport expirys so I must leave Thailand before this date now I am  going down to Singapore for business on the 5th and returning on the 6th however if I use my "O" class I will have to leave Thailand before the 25th however if I get a standard 30 days tourist visa I can stay until the 5th of February   .<br><br>I am not sure if this can be done which is why I wanted feed back from Hull it just gives me 2 weeks extra in Thailand .<br><br>Bye For Now <br><br>Sub101uk<br>

Your non-O is valid for 1 year from day of issuence, so it seems till 25th Jan of this year.

Any time you travel to Thailand before the VISA expires will give you a new 90 days. So enter Thailand again before the 25th and get a new 90 days. After the 25th you won't get a new 90 days anymore if you leave and re-enter. But if you get a re-entry permit, you keep the original 90 days of your last entry.

Edit:

So leave and re-enter bofere the 25th and you get 90 days, re-enter on or after the 25th and you will gte 30 days if by air and 15 days if by land.

The 1 year multiple entry 'o' is permission to get 90 day entries within a 1 year period.

As many entries as you like in the year.

Each entry expires after 90 days.

So getting another 90 day entry 1 day before the 'permission' VISA expires works.

Hi Ignis sorry for confusing you , I have a 12 month "O" visa in my passport issued from Hull on the 26th of January 2010 now I returned back into Thailand on the 28th of Oct 2010 which is due to expiry on the 25th of January 2011 .<br><br>After the 25th the "O" class visa in my passport expirys so I must leave Thailand before this date now I am  going down to Singapore for business on the 5th and returning on the 6th however if I use my "O" class I will have to leave Thailand before the 25th however if I get a standard 30 days tourist visa I can stay until the 5th of February   .<br><br>I am not sure if this can be done which is why I wanted feed back from Hull it just gives me 2 weeks extra in Thailand .<br><br>Bye For Now <br><br>Sub101uk<br>

The point i was making, and i think its something you are not aware of, your 'o' visa is valid until the 25th Jan, if you re-enter Thailand on the 6th Jan from Singapore, by using your 'o' visa (not a visa exempt 30 day entry)you will be given a fresh 90 day entry stamp, if you leave Thailand during this 90 day (stamp) period, obtain a re-entry permit which will keep this stamp alive.

Visa's are issued by a consulate/embassy abroad.

Permission to stay (stamps) are given by immigration, based on your visa.

Visa exempt entry - 15 days entry by land and 30 days entry by air.

Tourist visa - 60 days entry.

non immigrant - 90 days entry.

I am not trying to teach a granny how to such eggs, but visa's and permission to stay are two different things and can be confusing.

all the best

Thanks Ignis

Oh I was not aware of this I thought you had to Leave when your visa was up which was the 25th of Jan , Well thats better still as it keeps me out of the uk as less as possible been living here for the passed 16 years but still still learning new things .I just dont want to over stay and have problems getting in or out .

Thanks again you have made my day .

Cheers

Sub101uk

Update on Hull Web Site being Closed !

I have just received a email from the Thai Consulate in Hull so all is well however they do tell me that there are changes in the " O " Class and all other "non-immigrant visas " I think its best I open up a new subject as its going to affect many of us .

After living over here for over 15 years is this the end I wonder .

sub101uk

Thanks Ignis

Oh I was not aware of this I thought you had to Leave when your visa was up which was the 25th of Jan , Well thats better still as it keeps me out of the uk as less as possible been living here for the passed 16 years but still still learning new things .I just dont want to over stay and have problems getting in or out .

Thanks again you have made my day .

Cheers

Sub101uk