Kuala Lumpur Info

muaythaifun

hi guys, im going to kuala lumpur my flight leaves here(us via JFK) on the 14. ive been told when i get to KL ill take the bus to KL sentral where there are cheap hotels(confirm?)

from KL sentral im supposed to take the train to "asia jaya" where i can find some decent apartments im told around 200 a month(confirm?)

does anyone see any holes in this plan of mine ive never been to this place and im hoping all will be cool

lol, ill be practicing muay thai there, its cheaper and its just i dunno an adventure, after my stay there whether i stay the 90 days or later ill be going to thailand, and then cambo, probably spend more time in cambo as i dont really wanna go through any hassles with visas but who knows..

now back to the original subject, and "whybother" youve posted here enough to know plenty of these guys know about KL and malaysia..and singapore..and the surrounding countries..not only they you all talk about them, so whats the problem?

lol, ill be practicing muay thai there, its cheaper and its just i dunno an adventure, after my stay there whether i stay the 90 days or later ill be going to thailand, and then cambo, probably spend more time in cambo as i dont really wanna go through any hassles with visas but who knows..

now back to the original subject, and "whybother" youve posted here enough to know plenty of these guys know about KL and malaysia..and singapore..and the surrounding countries..not only they you all talk about them, so whats the problem?

If you want you can PM me as l have a guy in KL who will pick you up at the airport, run you around and find you what ever accommodation you want. Speaks good English and is reliable.

PS. That goes for anyone here off to KL. :)

You can either arrive at main terminal KLIA or at the low cost terminal of Air Asia. The former has a regular train that takes you directly to KL Sentral. The latter has frequent and regular bus services, also to KL Sentral. Around KL Sentral (area known as Brickfields) there are many low cost accomodation including the YMCA.

To go to Asiajaya, there is a train that departs from KL Sentral, but separate area from the airport train. I am not sure if there are 200 a month apartments there.

Asiajaya (which is in a "suburb" called PJ) is actually further out from KL, so I guess I'd live there only if my main activities are centered there or an easy train ride from there.

Hope this helps.

I live very near the Asia Jaya LRT station and I doubt you will find an apartment for 200 per month. If you are talking USD200, that is about MYR600 (600 Ringgits). For that amount, you can easily find a room in a nice three bedroom condo unit.