Power Adapter For Eliptical Trainer

Hi Everyone,

Wasn't sure where to post this so will try in here first. I have an Elliptical Trainer, Model Spirit XE330. Unfortunately when I moved to Chiang Mai the power adapter got lost. All I can find through google is resellers and cannot for the life of me find where it was manufactured. I went out and bought a multi adapter switchable to 9vdc and rated for 1amp (in photos). According to the sticker at the side of the power point this is whats required. Unfortunately it was a no go. The display was dimly lit, but that was about it. Appeared it wasn't getting enough current. Im a bit concerned of blowing the electronics up with the wrong adapter.

Has anyone got any idea where I can get a suitable replacement or some advice on the correct multi charger. Need to get on it quickly to shed the extra inches gained around the waist over Christmas/New year.

Happy New Year to everyone on TV

Cheers

TT

post-119214-0-38901500-1294018706_thumb.

Did you have the correct polarity for the 9VDC, 1A adapter as indicated on the trainer? Was the 9 VDC plug a good, snug fit?

Yes correct polarity and a snug fit, and your correct to point this out as its a mistake easily made with the interchangeable tips. I think these cheap multi adapters don't supply the current indicated on their spec labels.

I've since found and contacted this gym equipment dealer in Chiang Mai http://gymtech.tarad.com who are going to order the correct adapter from Bangkok for 500 baht.

Thanks for your input though, good observation.