Hi everyone,

I'm curious as to whether anyone has managed to get one of those IT visas the gov't was talking about some time back? Was it a cloud of smoke or do they really exist, was it difficult to get, and what was the application procedure? And, if anyone did manage to get one, were there any advantages between this and the 1 year Non-Imm B?

:o

Rich

I'm curious as to whether anyone has managed to get one of those IT visas the gov't was talking about some time back

I would wager that nobody in the Thai government has given this idea a moment of further thought beyond the initial proclamation of said visa and the trumpeting of how this program would make Thailand the hub of IT in the eastern hemisphere.

I'm curious as to whether anyone has managed to get one of those IT visas the gov't was talking about some time back

I would wager that nobody in the Thai government has given this idea a moment of further thought beyond the initial proclamation of said visa and the trumpeting of how this program would make Thailand the hub of IT in the eastern hemisphere.

Ranks right up there with the "hiring 10,000 foreign teachers" scheme, among others...

Hi everyone,

I'm curious as to whether anyone has managed to get one of those IT visas the gov't was talking about some time back? Was it a cloud of smoke or do they really exist, was it difficult to get, and what was the application procedure? And, if anyone did manage to get one, were there any advantages between this and the 1 year Non-Imm B?

Rich

Clearly it's been a hugely successful program: the IT industry is booming, hi-tech startups are everywhere, pushing out all the old lo-tech industries which have been replaced with all kinds of new businesses to support them; salaries are soaring, the gates of immigration have been thrust open to foreign employees (who are greeted warmly), and students are leaving University early to take high paying jobs; tax receipts have never been higher; venture capitalists are in a frenzy and you can hardly go a week without another record setting IPO; real-estate prices have shot further through the roof than the Wonkavator! But strangely, even though every one [that I know] is flush with cash, consumer price inflation seems to be a thing of the past. We truly are in a new, new economy. Geez! What rock have you been living under?... Thailand!?... Nevermind.

Ranks right up there with the "hiring 10,000 foreign teachers" scheme, among others...

And the teachers from the Sub-Continent, ........... and the retired British and American teachers, and ........

Pie in the sky.