Bicycle Insurance

AjarnP

Hi each and all,

Has anyone any idea about where I can get bicycle insurance arranged. No dear, that's bicycle as in pedals and sweat not as in motor and grease.

With the cost of a good road bike now soaring up above two hundred thousand baht they can easily be very much more expensive than a motorsai and just, if not more prone to being knocked donkey over head. Not to mention the sticky fingered brigade who seem to find a lovely graphite 6.8Kg road bike just too tempting to refuse.

I googlied it only to be informed that there is plenty of bike insurance available in places like Ingland and Oztralia but nothing here.

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks and Happy New Year

AjarnP :jap:

200,000 :o & theres no motor :o :o

Holeeee fekk.

Why don't you contact an insurance broker, even thai visa have one. Sorry, just a suggestion. Theres a button on the top, up the right, see there ^

Edited by neverdie

Although in the UK you can buy theft/damage insurance from bicycle dealers (usually through the store at the time of purchase) most people simply rely on it being covered by their household contents insurance. If the bike is especially expensive it could be listed specifically in the policy.

op, if you don't have any luck with thai visa insurance, do a member search for tony dabbs. hes an insurance broker in thailand and i have heard good things about him.

i hope you don't leave that expensive bike in the soi anywhere, you might find someone ends up welding a noodle cart to the side of it :lol:;)

Ajarn P,

I would be keen to know where you store that bike...... sorry I mean learn if you get any decent information on the subject. I have asked around but not looked quite a seriously as I should have. If you get any assistance aside from naming it on your house contents insurance it would be appreciated.

Cheers, and happy 2011..... sure you will if you are spending a lot of time on a machine like that, sounds like santa came to visit someone :D