Olympus Cameras Stolen In Kan

Kan Win

Sawadee Bee Mai Khrap - Happy New Year.

Olympus Cameras Stolen (Kom Moi-ed) in Kan on 01.01.2011 from inside my house at night in Kanchanaburi, just up river from the famous Bridge over the River Khwae (Kwai).

One:-Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

http://www.dpreview....olympusc8080wz/

and another one:-Olympus E-3

http://www.dpreview....iews/olympuse3/

Should you be offered any of these two cameras WITHOUT the battery a charger that came with both Cameras please PM me in Thai or English.

Thanking you all. :wai:

Win in Kan

I have enjoyed your photography posts immensely and i do hope you get your cameras back, not only for your enjoyment but ours as well . But it is not only the hardware but also the media cards and what they contained will be a great loss if u hadn't downloaded before they were stolen. I doubt if many of the locals would appreciate an E-3 .I hope it all turns out well for you .

Really sorry to hear that, Kan. A home invasion leaves a truly nasty feeling in a person's heart... even if everything is coveered by insurance. Yes, you can replace older technology with newer items, but it's still a nasty thing to have happen. Good luck. I hope they catch the bastards but little chance for that considering the police efficiency.

Sorry to read that Kan.

Happen to me too, with a full Nikon film equipment several years ago, leaving me so frustrated I stop take pictures until the advent of digital.

But you don't do the same!

Good luck and I hope you can recover everything (maybe advertising a handsome tip...)

• Like 1

Thank you all for your very kind words.

The "Kan Photo community" know about this and are on the lookout for anyone who wants to buy a battery charger for these two models (same charger for both) and old cameras to boot. wink.gif

Looks like the Oly E-5 will be with me sooner than later this year. w00t.gif

Win in Kan cool.gif

Sawadee :wai:

Hi Folks,

Sorry to hear about that Kan, I know you love your cameras. Any chance insurance will get you new ones?

I do have house contents insurance, but not specified what items cover for Baht 250,000. My wife will claim for 100,000 as they did cost me just over 200,000 when new, so lets see after the police report.

Thanking you 'canuckamuck'.

What an unfortunate way to start the new year.

Were just the cameras stolen or other accessories too?

Probably an opportunist thief..... did other household items go too?

That 'fabianfred' is the thing. Battery Charger near by and me 70-300mm lens on the same table was NOT taken. They only took a small shoulder bag of my wife's with nothing in it apart from here Toyota Service Card, so yes "Probably an opportunist thief" but with all the guards we have at night and during the day where I live makes me wonder.ph34r.gif

I have enjoyed your photography posts immensely and i do hope you get your cameras back, not only for your enjoyment but ours as well . But it is not only the hardware but also the media cards and what they contained will be a great loss if u hadn't downloaded before they were stolen. I doubt if many of the locals would appreciate an E-3 .I hope it all turns out well for you .

That 'xen' is what P*sses me off as I went on a photo shot over this festive season to Kan Safari Park and then to Huai Mae Kumming Waterfall - in Kan, but I did not down-load me photos as I always do this on my big computer in Bangkok. That is the real Big loss. Cameras are two a penny, but photos are just once in a life time. Next time will have to down-load them before something happens to me camera.

All I want is me media card (CF four gig) / or photos from that back.

Sawadee :wai:

I feel the same way you do, Kan. My cameras can be replaced, but the recent photos can not. I"m always paranoid about losing my computer with all my recent photos. I try to put everything on a back up as soon as possible. I've lost too many in the past by delaying only a short time. Good luck.

Sorry to hear about the cameras Win, the trouble is with machinery like cameras that you use a lot is that they become an old friend as well.

You know it's bad habits and how to get the best out of the relationship.

Still,there's nothing like learning a new girlfriends tricks either... :lol::wub:

• Like 1