Torist Visa Vientianne Passport 4 Pages Left

So I have been in Thailand almost 20 months, I came on a NON 0 used it to the capacity, and got a 2 month extensnsion that runs out in early Feb 2011.

Prior to this I have had 3 non,0 visa's, from Hull.

I have 4 pages left in my Passport, and plenty of visa full page stickers for Laos.

Married and have a child here.

We will be going back to England, during English summertime later this year to apply for another non 0

In the meantime I want to apply for a double entry tourist visa in Vientianne, looking at a few latest threads here, it seems that they might not issue me with a visa because I have been here too long ?

Also as a very important side note, Is there any secure car parking, or recommended car parking Thai side?, I don't want my truck stolen .

Thanks

Edited by Monkeypants

You are aware of one year extension of stay options (which require 400k in bank or 40k income)? Take full marriage paperwork (certificate/wife ID card/home register copy) in case they do not want to issue a tourist visa. There should not be any problem getting a single entry non immigrant O visa.

Have seen reports the parking just before bridge is secure - you might find more in the Vientiane visa thread.

Your Married why would you want to go all the way to UK for a Non '0'

Many posts in the Visa section, you need to show 100,000 baht in an account for a year '0' Visa based on marriage in KL Thai Embassy

You are aware of one year extension of stay options (which require 400k in bank or 40k income

Aware of that thanks,

But I do not have the 400k in Thailand, and The 40k income we make that here from the farm, although it's in my wifes name and so is the income.

Take full marriage paperwork (certificate/wife ID card/home register copy) in case they do not want to issue a tourist visa. There should not be any problem getting a single entry non immigrant O visa.

Do I need to show income for this type of visa ?

Thanks

thanks Lb.

The 100K isn't a problem at all,

But with few remaining pages left in my passport my plan was to try to use the passport to its capacity before applying for a new one, and then getting the NON O multi, from either KL or Hull.

cheers

Edited by Monkeypants

Others are speaking to the Thai visa side of your Qs.

Re the secure parking, as you're headed towards the bridge you'll note the road from Nong Khai coming in on your right. Take that right, then an immediate right turn into the "van loading" area, this is where the vans and buses load to cross to the Lao side. Proceed around to the right and in the rear area you'll pass through a large gate where there'll probably be a large number of cars already parked there. Find a place, park, and a gofur will come up with your receipt. Keep it!

Walk back out to the van area, pay your baht 20 or whatever it is, and cross on over to the Lao side.

I've left my car a the secure parking area for lots of years, most recently last month for a week, never a problem!

BTW, it's baht 100/day for parking.

Mac

Exellent info everyone,

Thanks mac :jap:

Oh .. regarding the visa, do the embassy let you know if they won't grant you the visa you applied for, on arrival or the following day ? Trying to workout for how long I will be there for and do I need to change baht to kip, or is baht widely accepted?

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the bump,

also will my Thai bank debit card work whilst in Loas ?

Your Thai ATM card should work, I've used my U.S. one there, but rarely.

Thai baht quite acceptable in Vientiane so no need to change a bunch to kip. FYI, unless you ask for your change in baht, you'll normally get it in kip. Exchange rate these days is about kip 261 = 1 baht, and kip 8058 = $1.

Mac

• 4 weeks later...