Uk Locate Registration

alantheembalmer

I just had look on the British Embassy web site, and they said that it is a good idea to be registered with them when living or even holidaying abroad.

They state on their web site: <LI>if a major catastrophe occurs we’ll have an instant record of your details so we can contact you to make sure you’re OK and provide advice.

I was just wondering if anybody who was registered with them was contacted by them during the upheavals in Bangkok and the country wide floods in 2010?

I registered last year. A very good idea after seeing what happened when a good friend of mine died last year. I got an email asking me to update my details so if anything does go pear shaped then at least they know who to tell etc. A very easy process as well.

Hmm, beware Big Brother. If you are out of the uk longer than 3 months no National health, can also affect your state pension.

jb1

The Department of Work and Pensions already know I live in Thailand full time but my friend who I stayed with in the UK years ago had a letter addressed to me from the doctor I used to go to to say that I was still on his list.

Theoretically I could go back to the UK and see that doctor and get NHS treatment.

I am probably on his list for 2 reasons

1 I never came off it or told them

2 He gets paid by the NHS for every patient on his books.