Bridgestone Dueller Uneven Tye Wear

Big Guns

I've just had to replace my front 2 Bridgestone Dueller tyres on a D-MAX 4x4 at about 40K kilometres and 20 months as they were bald on the outside. Has anyone else had this problem? I went to Cockpit and the manager said the standard shock absorbers were too weak and recommended upgrading at a cost of 5K THB. Has anyone else heard about this? As they didn't have Bridgestone Dueller I had to have Dunlop Grand Trek fitted which the guy said were the same specification. Any opinions would be appreciated. Cheers

Usually caused by the tracking out of correct angle. Sometimes caused by hitting something hard ( Curb etc ) and bending the track rod a fraction. Of couse they want the sale of new shocks where having the tracking adjusted costs penny's. :)

PS. Power steering can cause it too if you corner fast at speed regularly.

Edited by transam

Yup, almost certainly tracking, assuming you've not had the beast raised or lowered of course.

blown shocks dont make tyrewear on one side. have your fronwheels aligned and your next tyres should last 80k km

stock shocks not fantastic, but good enough for 80-100k km depending on use

Cheers guys, the tracking/allignment was what I suspected.

I had the same trouble with my 4 x 4 Vigo bridgestone tyres wearing quickly from new, it was found by " Cockpit " that the factory had set the Truck as a Prerunner Vigo instead of a 4 x 4 and before that was found by them Toyota said it was normal wear.:annoyed: