Looking For Land

Hi,

my thai wife and i we plan to seattle down (move) to thailand as soon as possible. For that we are looking for land to buy, there in Isaan (Udon Thani Province will be good but it´s not a MUST) or Northern of Thailand. The land titel should be match for build a house. We would be happy with 1-2 Rai, but we are also open for up to 20 Rai. No need water, no need electricity on land but will be not that bad if electricity it´s available not that far away, no need land who is already fill (set) with ground (dirt), land can be uptown near village or town and should be close to any road…..mean, basicly a „lower budget land“.

Anybody have an idea, than let me know or PM me.:)

Greez

Berndin

I have good news for you. Where ever you get out of the train/bus/car you will have hundreds of pieces of land for sale.

My favorite people to ask are barbers as they often seem to know what is for sale even before brokers can slap a "farang" price on it. Second, people on the market. But beware, in no time you will have so many offers that you will have difficulty choosing. :)

If you find something, check in here to find out if the price is reasonable.

Edited by Khun Jean

Buy your wife a car with blacked out windows, drive around where you like, hide in the back, let your wife go back alone and speak with anyone in the village, dont waste any time with any agents dont let anyone see you unless you are Thai.

This is the BEST way.

Don't take the advice you are getting lightly. Land is priced based on who is doing the asking. A peasant in the village where the land is would get the lowest price. A farang walking in could be quoted quadruple that price or higher. If you go through a 3rd person they will get a cut, often 5%. Land prices are high and going higher. Virtually everything is for sale even if they aren't being marketed as such.

• 7 months later...