Kitt - E - May

yellow1red1

I'll take a guess. คิดเธอไม่ do you think of her (or him)?

not sure if that's grammatically correct or not.

I think you are probably right

คิดถึงไม๊ = kid theung mai.....= do you miss me?

my other guess is ...

กินอีกไม๊ = gin eek mai........= do you want to eat some more?

Ahhh the perils and pitfalls of trying to write what we think we hear a thai say but using engrish. (I'm NOT knocking the O/P because I do karaoke engrish/thai all the time too :whistling: )

Without more info from the O/P it's a total crap shoot if anyone has really gotten it or not.

Note to the O/P (and really to ANYONE who posts threads like this): the things that will help posters figure out what you're on about are;

CONTEXT; what was the topic of the conversation preceding and following the phrase you're asking about?

WHO was in the conversation? Was it people you know very well like family and/or close friends, were they relative strangers, was it in mixed company (men & women) or with just guys, etc?

WHERE did this conversation take place; a beer/go-go bar, at home watching t/v, in the bedroom, in a restaurant, out on the street, in casual conversation, in an office or more formal environment? Did you hear it in the city or were you up-country in Nakhon Nowhere?

WHAT dialect were they speaking? Were they speaking bangkokian (central) thai, issan thai, northern thai, southern thai? This often overlooked factor does come into play as well.

These small tidbits of valuable info can go a long way in deciphering what ever it is you thought you'd heard. Especially once you factor in there are way too many native engrish speaking accents which could yield different pronunciations. I don't know if I should I say it like a kiwi, an auzzie, a californian, a midwesterner, a new yorker, a floridian, or a hillbilly from Tennessee. Then again maybe it's more like a brit, scotch, or irish person would say it. They'd all sound different!

Still, I think the O/P has some definite possible answers to what they heard. Dunno until they weigh back in and let us know who's right.

As An Aside:

The first correct reply will then be presented (at their own expense :o ) with the highly sought after, yet rarely awarded; "I can decipher engrish spelled thai stuff" wall plaque :lol: . (Some restrictions apply, read the fine print. ;) ..)

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

It is very disappointing the OP did not come back with a judgement

on this thread. I’ve yet to be awarded a point in any of these competitions

for best answer.

If the rules allow, since a judgement has not been made. I would like to

withdraw my previous responses and go with my final answer.

Was it a ladyboy? Did he/she say “ kiss me ” ?