Licence For Tour Desk In Hotel

simon43

I know this topic was discussed in detail on ThaiVisa, but I have been unable to locate the relevant thread.

I am opening a second hotel business, this time in Ao Nang - and I want to provide a tour desk/tour information service in the lobby. I know that in order to strictly abide by the law, I need to obtain a tour desk licence/pay a security deposit - the amount which varies according to the type of tour desk and services offered.

Can anyone point me to the previous thread on this subject, or repost the relevant details of what is required?

Thanks

Simon

Don't know where the thread is, but I do know it is the TAT which issues the licenses and to which you pay your security deposit.

If I remeber correctly, there are only two possible amounts, depending whether your desk only provides domestic services, or outbound internationa (ticketing etc). The latter is much higher.

So best way to find out is to pop in your local TAT office!

Unless its changed there is also a category for a local tour operator (within province). The security used to be 10k viz 50k for countrywide.

The licenses now are not TAT licenses as such, but it seems TAT still processes them. Its something like tourism and sports business assoc. or whatever. Of course no TAT logo so no one from abroad has a clue what it is !!'

I'm not too sure if you need to have a license to resell someone elses tours but bureaucracy being what it is; best to be on the safe side. :rolleyes: