Anyone Flown Jet Airwars Via Mumbai?

Crossy

Family are coming over next month, I get to see the grand-daughters again :)

They are coming Jet Airways via Mumbai, Jet included a set of Indian visa applications with their e-tickets, when called they said they automatically include them with all flight tickets and not to worry.

I'm pretty certain that you don't have to enter India when transiting international through Mumbai but I've only ever transferred to domestic there. Anyone got actual experience of using Jet through Mumbai, I know the airport is dire by the way :(

When you land at Mumbai, Jetairways staff gather all transit passengers together and at this time you should get from them a handbaggage tag for each piece of hand baggage you are carrying. They wiil then take you upstairs where you have to go through security and security will then stamp the hand baggage tags.Make sure each tag is stamped otherwise you will have to queue again and go through security once again! You do not need a transit visa as you are not exiting to landside. After security the screens will indicate your flight to Bangkok. Remember any liquids in your handbaggage will be confiscated by Mumbai security (if over 50ml I believe but you should check this with the airline) There is a duty free at Mumbai after security which you can then take on to Bangkok but keep an eye on the time as the security queues are lengthy and you may not have the time! Hope this helps.

I flew with Jet last year and the information given is as I recall, long winded security queques and yes tag the bags, get through embarkation as soon as you can, time justs drifts away, I thought I was going to miss my onward flight. If you like Indian food its ok if you dont take a packed lunch!

When you land at Mumbai, Jetairways staff gather all transit passengers together and at this time you should get from them a handbaggage tag for each piece of hand baggage you are carrying. They wiil then take you upstairs where you have to go through security and security will then stamp the hand baggage tags.Make sure each tag is stamped otherwise you will have to queue again and go through security once again! You do not need a transit visa as you are not exiting to landside. After security the screens will indicate your flight to Bangkok. Remember any liquids in your handbaggage will be confiscated by Mumbai security (if over 50ml I believe but you should check this with the airline) There is a duty free at Mumbai after security which you can then take on to Bangkok but keep an eye on the time as the security queues are lengthy and you may not have the time! Hope this helps.

You can also pay 200Rupees to one of the airport boys and have full use of the First Class lounge, including drinks etc, But its a secret so don`t tell everyone... Mums the word..!!! Shuuuuuu.....