Another New Mall For Cm....

jaideeguy

Check this out......http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Shopping-resort-complex-planned-for-Chiang-Mai-30145778.html

It doesn't say where it is planned to be located..........any one know??

Not enough malls here in CM yet........bring more in and we can change the name of the city to 'Chiang Mall'

Good morning! See: http://www.thaivisa....new-mall-in-cm/

Everything discussed there, including design pictures, current progress, and why shopping malls and fast food outlets are evil, or not.

And with more accurate information than The Nation, of course, who managed to to confuse dates:

Construction will commence in November and the complex will be launched in April next year.

Should have been: " Construction started in November 2010. The complex is planned to open for business in April 2012. " Maybe they found a press release under a desk somewhere and thought "aaaaaeh, let's just print that, what the heck."

Oh well.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Old news, see here . In a good spot on the inner/San Khampaeng junction (southeast). And we do need new malls, there's only a couple (well one) decent one in town.

Beat me to it.:lol: Only one decent one in CM, not even close. You should see the new Central World Mall hear in Pattaya. 7 floors of top quality stores and amenities. Chiang Mai can only dream

Old news, see here . In a good spot on the inner/San Khampaeng junction (southeast). And we do need new malls, there's only a couple (well one) decent one in town.

Beat me to it.:lol: Only one decent one in CM, not even close. You should see the new Central World Mall hear in Pattaya. 7 floors of top quality stores and amenities. Chiang Mai can only dream

That one is called Central Festival. http://www.centralfestival.co.th/ But yes, I dream of Pattaya quite frequently.

That one is called Central Festival. http://www.centralfestival.co.th/ But yes, I dream of Pattaya quite frequently.

Your correct on the name WTK. BTW I'm about 2 blocks north of the mall at the moment.:D

As said earlier there is already a thread on this. Most of the posts are why they need a mall in there back yard'

Here is some information I was able to find along with some fromSansai Sam

The Promenada is scheduled to open April 2012. It will be a lifestyle mall with a lake and trees like a park. It will feature an outdoor stage for entertainment and the plan is to maintain a high standard. Major Cineplex and Rimping are in the works as well as Wine Connection and a number of other upscale tenants. None of the buildings will be more than three stories. The location is great. Building in the city would not be a good idea. There are already plans to expand the parking if needed which would be hard to do in the city. There will be trams to take customers from the parking area to the main buildings. I think it will be a great addition. The mall at Nimmanheiman and Huey Khaew has been stopped at least for now but Central has resumed construction on their new center on the super highway.

The following is what i found.

Dutch property conglomerate, the ECC Group, has officially announced the launch of a new landmark shopping and entertainment destination in Northern Thailand: "Promenada Chiang Mai" with Bt3.1 billion in investment. Expected to open in the second half of 2011, Promenada Chiang Mai will be located along Ban Sahakorn Road. It has 75,000 sqm of retail and entertainment space, Promenada Chiang Mai will offer residents and tourists alike an innovative mix of international and local brands in fashion, food and beverage, as well as leisure and entertainment.

The whole thing sounds pricey to me not sure about parking Trams to take you from the parking to the Mall. It for sure will be a new experience for Chiang Mai and sounds like a great one.B)

There seems to be one on the super hi-way along from the juvenile court... it was mentioned in the other thread 'something boulevard' (???) - so that would make two that have started; plus the corner of Niman/HueyGaew - (Central, on hold); and isn't there another one on the Super near san-sai intersection??

That would make a 3 or 4 new malls coming up. Be good to spread the traffic around.

Your correct on the name WTK. BTW I'm about 2 blocks north of the mall at the moment.:D

Queen Vic? Or thereabouts? ;) I'm jealous.