Crocodile Dundee actor Hogan sues Australian government

News_Editor

Crocodile Dundee actor Hogan sues Australian government

2011-01-07 14:22:48 GMT+7 (ICT)

SIDNEY, AUSTRALIA (BNO NEWS) -- Crocodile Dundee actor Paul Hogan on Thursday filed a lawsuit against the Australian Government over a failed tax investigation, the Daily Telegraph Australia reported.

Hogan is seeking a potential $80 million lawsuit against the government, including the Australian Crime Commission (ACC) which conducted a five-year criminal investigation on Hogan's tax affairs.

The actor said that the investigation ruined his reputation around the world and added that he could be declared bankrupt because of an ongoing punitive tax-office claim.

Hogan claimed that, after the tax issues allegations against him were made public, he began losing job opportunities. He is now pursuing damage claims for lost earnings, because the Australian Taxation Office's (ATO) tax assessment could provoke bankruptcy.

"I'd like to see heads roll. As they haven't been decent with me, I'm not going to be decent with them," Hogan said in relation to actions against ATO and ACC staff for improper conduct.

The actor added that, if he wins his multi-million suit, he would first make himself solvent enough to pay the tax liability, then he would give away the rest to people in need.

He remarked that the Australian people is in full support of his actions. Recently, on a trip home to Australia for Christmas, a restaurant full of diners gave the star a standing ovation for standing up to the ATO.

Hogan, 71, said that ATO and ACC are a concern for Australians who can not afford to defend themselves. The actor can not afford a lawyer due to his bankruptcy but claimed that his actor status has aided his case gaining notoriety.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-01-07

The government hates it when a victim of theft fights back. Or it suspects there is more to steal that the victim refuses to give up even after the tax-agents have slapped the victim, one of their own citizens, around in a backroom bathroom and dunked their head in the toilet...

The bad part is that even though he was under investigation by the ATO he would be charged if he told anyone about it. It is ok for the ATO to make it public and say what they want but they hold a bloody big stick of criminal charges against you if you decide they are lying in the media and decide to give your side of the story.

I too hope he wins. Operation Wickenby has cost us taxpayers a fortune and the only thing they've done is make peoples lives a misery.