English Accent

BambinA

which one make you hard to understand  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The thing that is annoying me most at the moment is the call centres based in India and countries in these areas. You call them up struggle to understand them .....

You should try calling the Home Office - and that's in Croydon! The other principal centre for the Home Office is Liverpool. Perhaps it's a deliberate ploy by their management to prevent people from phoning them?

Scouse.

I used to work with a Soth African, couldn't understand a word he was saying. It's a pity you can only get sub-titles on Television :o

On another note, i'm pretty good at doing accents, but when i try to do a Welsh accent it end's up sounding like Pakistani :D

The thing that is annoying me most at the moment is the call centres based in India and countries in these areas. You call them up struggle to understand them .....

You should try calling the Home Office - and that's in Croydon! The other principal centre for the Home Office is Liverpool. Perhaps it's a deliberate ploy by their management to prevent people from phoning them?

Scouse.

:D But there arent any English people living in Croydon anyway :o As for the scousers out there, well what can i say :D:D:D

It's Scottish accents for me.

I've been told by many people that my accent is cool. Many women over the years have loved it. They said it was sexy. :D:D:D

Have you been drinking, Jock? :D:D or were they?

:o:D

:D:D

I just carn't understand a single word of what scottish people are saying. I just have to nod at whatever they are saying and pretend to understand.

For me I'd say people from London with the cockney accent is by far the sexiest.

Only people from England have English accents. The rest of you (Aussies, Yanks, Indians etc) have mangled our beautiful language beyond belief!:o

My wife loves my 'English' accent. She says it's sooooo sexy!!

Only people from England have English accents.  The rest of you (Aussies, Yanks, Indians etc) have mangled our beautiful language beyond belief!:o

My wife loves my 'English' accent. She says it's sooooo sexy!!

But which county would that be? There are as many different accents in England as there are counties.

Other than the last few generations, all the previous royalty didn't even speak English.

I find the McScottish the most McDifficult to McUnderstand, even though my fore-fathers herald from that there place.

It's Scottish accents for me.

I've been told by many people that my accent is cool. Many women over the years have loved it. They said it was sexy. :D:D:D

Have you been drinking, Jock? :D:D or were they?

:o:D

:D:D

I just carn't understand a single word of what scottish people are saying. I just have to nod at whatever they are saying and pretend to understand.

For me I'd say people from London with the cockney accent is by far the sexiest.

Nah, got to hand it to ole Jockstar, he is a very well spoken Scottish gent. Looking forward to the wedding mate :D

I would say Japanese accent is difficult for me to understand. Once there was a Japanese guy in my office - can't remember what we were talking about but then he said this word 'um ba lee ba boo' . I tried really hard to guess what he was trying to say until later he had to open a dictionary to show me the word - 'unbelievable' that is !

Indian accent also gives me a hard time. When I have to deal with some of my Indian colleagues - I really feel bad when I can't understand them :D

Anyhow, I would go for British for the most charming and sexiest accent! :o

gintOnic

Anyhow, I would go for British for the most charming and sexiest accent! :o

gintOnic

I agree, I love the British accent when I hear it from a woman. So Sexy!

"Hello luv, would you like a spot of tea and crumpets up at my flat?" :D

And I have to admit ( to American ears ), the accent does makes anyone, sound cultured, sophisitcated and intelligent, even if the person speaking it really is not...... :D

I would say Japanese accent is difficult for me to understand. Once there was a Japanese guy in my office - can't remember what we were talking about but then he said this word 'um ba lee ba boo' . I tried really hard to guess what he was trying to say until later he had to open a dictionary to show me the word - 'unbelievable' that is !

gintOnic

:o:D:D

Can't believe it's not on the list!??

IRISH!

You've all seen Snatch, haven't you? With the Pikeys?

"Do you like dags?"

Was once speaking to an Irish group in Samui with very similar accents. How fcking silly did I feel asking them to repeat everything, at least more than once...

At least the topic description of this thread makes for happy times.

Yes dido to all, Japanese and Indian for me Oh & Scots. I am aussie so Poms and Yanks I am ok with. When I went to Sydney last year I flew my Mother down to stay at my Thai friends place and I found myself translating what my Thai friends said in English to my Mother. Thats all I remember my Mother saying "What did she say"? Just as well I've known the Thais for 25 years.

Can't believe it's not on the list!??

IRISH!

You've all seen Snatch, haven't you? With the Pikeys?

"Do you like dags?"

Was once speaking to an Irish group in Samui with very similar accents. How fcking silly did I feel asking them to repeat everything, at least more than once...

At least the topic description of this thread makes for happy times.

not all irish are pikeys

not all english are brummies

not all americans are red necks

pikeys are actually romany gypsys ,travellers or tinkers

just cause they where born in ireland does not make them irish

if you are born in a stable does that meen you are a horse ?

Being a west coast Canuck of Brit/Scot gene pool, I really don't have a difficult time with most accents- however, touch me down in Newfoundland and I need an interpreter.... :o

Then again, I know an english teacher in Bkk who's from Newcastle... pity his students :D

I'm so fortunate

I am obviously multi-lingual.

At various times I have been told that I am speaking.....

Crap

Total and Absolute Crap ( Obviously a higher form of crap)

<deleted>

<deleted>

Outteryerarse (never got the hang of Inneryerarse)

Likeapratt

....fluently

But I still don't understand Geordies!

Life's mysteries :o

4yrs away from blighty and i came home and started work in an office the people in the office thought i was posh and have nicknamed me Warwick!! some customers on the phone thought i was a foreigner...haha and thats my own kind !

I'm from the West Midlands.......

(also dutch and german acccent... uum sexy!!!!!!!!!!)

German accent....sexy..?? :o

Strange girl.. :D

totster :D

Imagine a big busted Bavarian blonde chick saying to you "Kommen zee back into my bed Herr Totzie and make witt zer love to me again, Ja?".

Any language can be sexy given the circumstances. :D:D

Edited by Gazza