Changing From Old To New Passport

I looking for some feedback from some information I recieved from Thai immigration in Bangkok. My old passport was full so I got a new one from the Aust Embassy. I then headed off to immigration to get my latest stamp transfered to the new passport, as I did previously 4-5 years ago.

When I gave my two passports to the officer she explained that because my Multi Entry Non-Immigrant "B" Visa is still valid she cant transfer it to my new passport, which I already knew. However, I thought she would transfer the arrival stamp,departure card and write details of the transfer on the first page of the new passport. This was done on my old passport which I showed her.

Basically she is saying to me that all I have to do next time I leave the country is show the immigration officer my valid visa and arrival stamp in the old passport and they will put the departure stamp in my blank new passport, activating it, so to speak.

So obviously I'm wondering when I go on my visa run in a couple of weeks to Cambodia, is this situation going to go smoothly or am I going to run into problems at the border? I will be going with a visa run company (probably Jacks Golf).

If anyone can shed some light this before I go that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Have seen several recent reports that suggest this is a new change and that it can be taken care of at border when leaving but it has not been clear if for everyone. As you have the valid visa suspect it may only be for those cases. I would allow a few minutes extra time for next exit but don't believe there will be a problem if Bangkok has told you to do this. I would carry copies of old/new passport data page and latest entry/departure card to avoid any last minute photo copy issues.

I just did this going ot Malaysia. They transfered the old entry stamp to the new passport and then I exited using the new passport. Very simple. It was done in the office not the check point counter so give yourself a few extra minutes in case you have to wait in line to have this done.

Not sure what they do about arriving back in the country as I went to get a whole new Non-Imm visa.

I am in the same position and have already done 3 visa runs with 2 passports.. All you have to do is present both passports on departure. The officer will put a stamp in the front of your new passport referring to your old passport, takes 5 minutes, and stamp you out of the country. On arrival again present both passports and on the arrival/departure card make sure you have entered your visa number and you will receive your full entitlement, presumably 90 days. No dramas.